Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss monsters

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arbot View Post
    Found another in UL 4

You meet F'rank, the flesh golem.
    This flesh golem seems almost sentient, and you are sure you can detect words in its groans. It is huge and slow, but incredibly hardy. Electical [sic] sparks jump between metal bolts on its neck

He is not vulnerable to fire (had to check lol) and regenerates. Didn't notice anything else while I killed him. Maybe I should have tried electricity to see what it would do.
    Heh, that's the boss monster I submitted. Nice to see someone encountered it already, but I thought he's be more badass that UL4

Waiting to see someone post they found my Monster has become an almost fatal distraction. I think I check this thread 20+ times a day. And Ive already second-guessed my choice about 500 times.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Well, sure. That was sort of my original point: If we're only looking (mostly) at the subset of monsters with very low DL, and we've seen 3 duplicate pairs (correction: the hellhound has shown up 3 times) out of ~10 sightings, that probably means that there aren't all that many low DL bosses.
    It looks like the boss monsters are only created at extremely deep danger level compared to their innate DL. With Frank the flesh golem first found in the UL, someone might find my monster if they dive to ID:500.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    It looks like the boss monsters are only created at extremely deep danger level compared to their innate DL. With Frank the flesh golem first found in the UL, someone might find my monster if they dive to ID:500.
    That was my dilemma - I had an idea what I wanted, but trying to balance it enough to give it a chance of generating early enough to acutally cause some problems for someone. By the endgame (at least in 1.1.1.) most monsters short of Greater titans and emporer liches are a breeze, regardless of what special pwers they have. I wanted a monster that would cause problems early on.

Ok, I also found Huckree. Clvl 2 or 3, in the Small Cave.

Found couple more:

Darn it, I can't wait until my is found. I'm sure it will annoy somone!

the first boss monster to give me the chills..
    UC5
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

surprised at the quality of the descriptions actually. Bunch of ADOMer must have been builders on MUDs

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    That is not likely, I've met a goblin berserker in the Big Cave. Do you really think that all monsters reported were met on deep levels?
    We've met a lot of pairs, because they are almost all commonly spawned critters. I'm pretty sure there is another parameter besides monster DL to affect generation. How often do you meet faerie dragons - and they are not exactly out-of-depth mobs (more like UD)?

If your boss is a balor, well, you've brought it on yourself
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.