Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Boss monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Jursk View Post
    I met him in D18; he can see invisible.

Also, met this in D23:

I think regular steel zombies see invisible. They don't, however, breathe fire.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I think regular steel zombies see invisible. They don't, however, breathe fire.
    The 'can see invisible' part was referring to Meat-Bix, sorry if the post was unclear.
    As for steel zombies, I thought they see invisible too, but both the IGB and the Ancardia wiki don't mention that.

Quote Originally Posted by TDau View Post
    As for steel zombies, I thought they see invisible too, but both the IGB and the Ancardia wiki don't mention that.
    I checked this again to make sure, and the message "The steel zombie seems to search for someone or something" shows up when invisible around a steel zombie. They don't seem to see invisible, then.

Also, regarding Rakki the ratling thief, I also noticed him trying to use magic to no apparent effect. I think I reported that.
    Won with: Orcish Archer (1.1.1), Drakish Healer (1.2.0 pr11), Dark elven Necromancer (1.2.0 pr13), unarmed Ratling Monk (r57), Gnomish Beastfighter (r75)

Met in ID5:

Boss monsters should be guaranteed to drop higher metal equipment, a random potion, and a random scroll. High DL boss monsters should be guaranteed to drop adamantium and eternium items. Then there should be a small chance (5-10%?) that they drop an artifact. As it is right now, there seems to be very little reward for killing boss monsters.

Recently just killed a named Acid Vortex near the cat king's level. Don't even remember if he dropped anything. If he did, it was shit.

You meet Workaka, the female carrion crawler.

It's hard to believe that such [a] disgusting creature exists. This dark-green centipede-like beast possesses dangerously looking claws that seem to be made of some outworldish metal rather than chitin. They are covered with a layer of thick gray slime.

Poisons, ignores armor.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quite an interesting one here!

Teleports, disarms. Drops gold and two short swords (can't identify their quality yet but both weigh 30s so probably nothing special.. Would be nice if they were 'of devastation' and 'of penetration' though )

They're 'of sloth'. Enjoy that.

Lol nice! I already sold them since their price was really low so I thought they were just plain swords.