Thread: Location Code reference

Default Location Code reference

Last edited by Alucard; 01-22-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Are they anyhow usable? (like transforming stairs in D1 to lead to D48 or so)

I use them to track announce when players enter certain locations. But yes, I just went from DD2 to D:48 in one staircase, although, it crashed when I tried to save.
    Last edited by Alucard; 01-21-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Maybe we shouldn't post code dived info on the boards.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

These are Thomas' boards, and he has specifically said he doesn't want code-dived info published. You can host yourself or put it on one of the wikis and link to it if you like.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Maybe sorear's Wiki would be a good place for this, if posting code-dived information directly in the official forum is so frowned-upon. Due to spam, you need an account to edit and registrations are disabled, but anyone interested can send me a PM and I'll create one for you. It is pretty 1.1.1-centric, but since no locations have been added to 1.2.0 (yet! ), I presume the information would be useful for that version as well.
    "And light there be!"

No ADOM code was inspected while creating the list.

I don't agree that reading the strings in the executable or the running memory is the same as code-diving, which would be reading ADOM's source code or reading its assembly instructions, but I moved the first post to the aforementioned wiki.

I think the term gets used fairly liberally. Thanks for moving it :-)
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!