Thread: The Black Unicorn Quest

Default The Black Unicorn Quest

Quick question:

I know killing the White Unicorn is a chaotic act, but if I, say, have a companion kill her, will talking to the Black Unicorn give me a big negative alignment drop?

Because I'm about to do a UNE and therefore the White Unicorn reward is pretty useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
    Quick question:

I know killing the White Unicorn is a chaotic act, but if I, say, have a companion kill her, will talking to the Black Unicorn give me a big negative alignment drop?

Because I'm about to do a UNE and therefore the White Unicorn reward is pretty useless to me.
    Tywat's and Kherab's quests simply disappear with no reward if the appropriate monster is not in your kill list. At least that's what my memory says. So I'd be cautious if I were you.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Kherab rewards for a pet kill under certain conditions, if I remember Soirana's testing properly.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Kherab rewards for a pet kill under certain conditions, if I remember Soirana's testing properly.
    Could you link to that testing please? I would very much like to delete it too.

Dig out your own posts :-P It was in a platinum girdle discussion thread.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Tested with a level 50 DE Ranger at NL.

I attacked the GWU with an Ice Ball spell, which dropped me from NL to N+. I attacked her until she was critically injured, then had my companion finish her off. No alignment drop.

Then I went and talked to the GBU. He thanked me, and gave me 5 PoGAs and 3 corruptions. No alignment drop.

So if you're already crowned the champion of balance or law, and don't want to do the White Unicorn quest, just use a companion to kill her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
    So if you're already crowned the champion of balance or law, and don't want to do the White Unicorn quest, just use a companion to kill her off.
    I feel an "ADOM morality" joke is mandatory at this point
    "And light there be!"