Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Item rarity research

Default Item rarity research

As far as I know items rarity is never described in quantified way, but ?ofCreateItem is believed equal to random drops.
    I've made huge ingame test(~170,000 Create item at DL1 and ~102,000 at DL50): http://bit.ly/adomitems
    If needed I can easily repeat it with different character/game version

Sweet! ....What's a .csv and how do I read the results? :P

CSV is CommaSepatedValues- text file with columns separated by commas/semicolons, openOffice.calc or excel are typical programs to read them(and they should just open when You doubleclick the file.
    But You're right, probably google spreadsheet would be more comfortable, added links to spreadsheets of both grouped+identified results
    Last edited by cromat; 01-22-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Awesome. I assume we ("the community") are free to post that (with attribution, of course)?

wedding rings more rare than anvils?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Sure, just inform me if You create derived work.
    EDIT: I guarantee the corectness of .ls files, .csv should be fine, but I could have done same error aggregating, let me know if You spot differences. Regarding wedding rings vs anvils - I checked and looks like so. It might be affected with bugfix "to make loot more meaningful"? I'll try to test also 1.1.1
    Last edited by cromat; 01-23-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Is it hard to add macros for automatic item generation for DLs 1-50? I'm also curious about how the whole thing was organised (since it's p9). Is it possible to access the framework to do some other tests (obviously with references on derived work)?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

fascinating - 1/100000 chance of a surge of power on D50.

i'm guessing its higher in low DL due to less items available.

Interesting stuff, I'm having a read right now. Thank you, cromat!
    "And light there be!"

It's not really 1/100000. In fact, one would add all the artifacts up and then divide by number of trials, since each artifact can only be had once, to get chance of generating a random artifact.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.