Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling?

Default Selling?

I picked up some things here and there and thought of selling them to the shopkeeper, to earn some gold, but I could not figure out anything that would make that possible. Am I right that selling is not possible in adom?

You should [d]rop (or do an extended drop with Ctrl+d) your items while inside the shop. The shopkeeper will make you an offer.

Hey, thanks very much - big help - do you know a place or manual, where simple actions like that are described?

Yes, press '?' and look at the key bindings. Those, along with some experimentation, will help you through some of the most basic stuff.

yes, thank Dogbreath, I found those. the only thing is that the mechanics are not always logical at first sight - I am sure they look self-explanatory to those having used them. Is there a place where the mechanics are explained? For instance which items and kinds of items belong in which slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Jered View Post
    yes, thank Dogbreath, I found those. the only thing is that the mechanics are not always logical at first sight - I am sure they look self-explanatory to those having used them. Is there a place where the mechanics are explained? For instance which items and kinds of items belong in which slots?
    Have you read the manual? '?' then 'm' in-game. Or select it from the main menu when you start the game.

Nope, not yet. Just some parts. But you're right, I guess I'll have to get through that first. Thanks

@graphencat or anyone else. I let most items I have drop in the shop, but Munxip keeps saying he doesn't want rubbish lying around in his shop. So now I need food, but have no money to buy it.

Munxip only deals in food. You get a general shop that will buy junk from you a bit further southwest. Be careful tho, the place is quite... shady

Wow, unspoiled player
    Munxip won't buy non-food items, You must search for another shop(closest is on south in outlaws village. Beware, some NPC may be strong and aggresive there