Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Collected post-p5 prerelease spoilers

The changelog says that 32 new items were added, so your count seems to be correct there. (Bearing in mind that each sling bullet of -foo- slaying counts as a seperate item ={ )

Also, from recent observations it seems that whilst Chaos Knights get stat modifications for every two corruptions, other classes get modifications for every four corruptions.

Thanks for the info - I will go right ahead and add that. Has anyone checked if that's still the case for non-chaotic chaos knights?

My count is 33 while the official count is 32, so either we're off or the creator is.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Oh yeah, that *is* 33 items... I somehow manage to miscount a few times ={.
    I should check with a non-chaotic CK once I manage to get one to convert without constantly converting altars instead...

May I suggest a long succession of small paltry sacrifices, such as a few gold pieces, instead of larger sacrifices which Andor Drakon might interpret as an offer to him and an incentive to fight for the altar.

Also, this is my 100th post
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Hi NightCrawler! Stellar work you've done on the wiki. Nice to see you in the forums too
    "And light there be!"

Heh, thanks anon123 It was only a matter of time before I found myself on this side of the ADOMverse... :P

I tried converting a CK by offering 100 gp at a time, but the altars still keep getting converted instead... especially disastrous in Dwarftown since this angers the priest ={
    I wonder if trying this as a dwarf is posing a problem, since their gods are particularly partial to gold?

It should be possible even with a dwarf. Just make the gold amount smaller. Smaller than a handful.

Finally managed this... it seems indeed multiple small sacrifices (1-5 gp) are required for conversion, rather than 200 gp at a time like the wiki says(/said).

Getting back to the original question, it appears that as you may have suspected, non-chaotic CKs get stat changes for every four corruptions rather than two. (As well as of course -2 to each stat anyway; I made sure to account for that).

Also, come to think of it, has anyone seen the apish corruption in any later prereleases? I've probably rolled a few hundreds of CKs to gather info on the new artifacts, and got a few PCs to the chaos gate, but strangely have not seen this corruption at all.
    It also seems sort of strange that CKs are clerical casters... but I'm guessing this is because they serve higher powers (like priests and paladins gain power from their deities, and druids from nature)

You'll see some corruptions less, randomly, because there is now a total of 35 corruptions instead of 18.

When a new game is generated the game rolls for a subset of corruptions available that game. There is a small chance of a corruption outside the subset getting put in when you "reroll" (remove a corruption), but usually it will just reroll within the original subset for the next corruption. At least that's what the developers said, if I understood it correctly.

I'll update the original post to reflect your find.

I understand all of that. What I was saying is that I've rolled (literally) a few hundreds of CKs -- which would each have a different subset of corruptions from each other. I have seen every other corruption at least 30 times each... except the "stepping backwards in evolution" one.

That's why I asked if anyone at all has seen it -- since I'm getting suspicious that since the corruption pool expanded, it ended up being no longer available. If this is the case it could be due to some internal bug. If corruptions are stored in an array, and due to a math error its index can't be accessed anymore, the Creator *could* just swap its position in such array with the stiffening muscles corruption...