Thread: Human Wizard; 30 Learning, died of stupidity.

Default Human Wizard; 30 Learning, died of stupidity.

I tend to have back luck with Wizards. They usually die early in the puppy cave from a stone block, or some monster shrugs their bolt spells, or maybe I mistakenly electrocute myself with a lightning bolt. This time, I actually got out of the puppy cave, through the small cave, into the mountain village, through the druid dungeon, looted Darkforge, saved Keethrax, got the Orb of Water and Fire... things were looking really good. All my stats were between 20-30 due to herbs and potion of exchange juggling, and I had a wide array of spells for almost any situation.

On a whim, I decided to do Blup's quest despite not really needing to on this character(I prefer the Sword of Nonack over the Trident). While down there, I saw some shining silver bracers, and I wanted them. But no, I couldn't be a good little wizard, grab them and teleport out. Rather, I walked up to the dragon, cast Darkness, and dropped 30 Ice Balls on her. Figuring that was enough to kill anyone(I dropped the Ancient Chaos Wyrm with only 7) I re-illuminated the dungeon... and died in a single round by the perfectly healthy dragon's water breath.

Oh right. Shyssiryxius is immune to cold.

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGenerator View Post
    I tend to have back luck with Wizards. They usually die early in the puppy cave from a stone block, or some monster shrugs their bolt spells, or maybe I mistakenly electrocute myself with a lightning bolt. This time, I actually got out of the puppy cave, through the small cave, into the mountain village, through the druid dungeon, looted Darkforge, saved Keethrax, got the Orb of Water and Fire... things were looking really good. All my stats were between 20-30 due to herbs and potion of exchange juggling, and I had a wide array of spells for almost any situation.

On a whim, I decided to do Blup's quest despite not really needing to on this character(I prefer the Sword of Nonack over the Trident). While down there, I saw some shining silver bracers, and I wanted them. But no, I couldn't be a good little wizard, grab them and teleport out. Rather, I walked up to the dragon, cast Darkness, and dropped 30 Ice Balls on her. Figuring that was enough to kill anyone(I dropped the Ancient Chaos Wyrm with only 7) I re-illuminated the dungeon... and died in a single round by the perfectly healthy dragon's water breath.

Oh right. Shyssiryxius is immune to cold.

remember also she has such high base defence she can actually spawn messages like "your attack failed to penetrate her defences" even with fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGenerator View Post
    dropped 30 Ice Balls on her. Figuring that was enough to kill anyone(I dropped the Ancient Chaos Wyrm with only 7)
    The Ancient Chaos Wyrm is not specifically weak to ice. Or didn't you just have any other non-fire ball spells?

Shouldn't ice spells in the underwater cave freeze the water? Someone make a RFE.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Well, his Intelligence was high, but his Wisdom apparently was not :P

And yeah, next time just take the stuff and run - taught by experience, I usually don't even try killing her before reaching level 30-35, just to have enough HP to survive her rage if things go tits up. They always do... [unless the char is extremely OP by that stage]

ouch... that must have sucked