Thread: Skeleton King Unleashed

Default Skeleton King Unleashed

This happened in version 1.2.0 p23

Upon arrival at the TotHK I stumble upon an out-of-the-"box" SK, with a bunch of minions already summoned (probably due to having detected the PC).
    PC is an Orc Barbarian lvl16 (raised to 17 after killing "boneman") that took a peek inside Darkforge and FGJC5 (GUV turned him back).
    I've never seen or heard of such a thing happening. I'm still fairly unexperienced (the farthest I got was the fire orb once) but I'm as spoiled as I can be. My question is if this does happen sometimes and what causes it, or is it a bug?

I have seen this happen a few times in the recent pre-releases. I think it has to do with the randomization of the traps. In 1.1.1, the door to the skeleton king's room is locked and always had a flash trap on it. In 1.2.0, door traps have been randomized, so it's possible that the trap could be a falling door trap that destroys the door. In that case, the skeleton king is free to escape the room.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

That's it, there was no door when I got to the lake.

Thanks

Had this happen a few times. Once got the message "you hear a pained grunt".