Thread: Ye ol' cat in the arena. Spoily.

Default Ye ol' cat in the arena. Spoily.

I'm on a pretty decent run with a Gnomish Necromancer. Cat shows up in the Arena. Guidebook says they can be dealt with by teleportation. Is it implying that I teleport the cat out? Or I just bail and wait until I get a potion of exchange (which I've used before to deal with this problem).

Notables for this character.
    Had and already lost 7lb to a fire vortex. Pre-crowned w/ Long Sting :< -- damage is just not good enough. Crowned with Robes of Resistance :> -- those are some Tanky robes. Surge in the big room, never found the guardian, might have been an invisible stalker, was Boots of Divine Messenger.

Easily did Pyramid. With difficulty (read: lots of wasted teleports) raided Darkforge, nothing good except a Blue Dragon Scale Mail.

Currently:

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Character Information

Loweri    St:18  Le:16  Wi:17  Dx:19  To:28  Ch: 9  Ap:10  Ma:26  Pe:13  N+
    DV/PV: 34/36   H: 197(197)   P: 158(158)   Exp: 18/231588   M: 39221
    Code:
                                      Inventory
    Total weight: 2345 stones                Carrying capacity: 27950 stones

Head          : uncursed adamantium cap [+0, +2]                      [36s]
    Neck          : uncursed pendant of mana {Ma+4}                        [3s]
    Body          : blessed robes of resistance (-4, -4) [+3, +12] {To+5} [60s]
    Girdle        : uncursed adamantium girdle [+0, +3]                   [18s]
    Cloak         : uncursed cloak of defense [+3, +0]                    [20s]
    Right Hand    : uncursed eternium battle axe (+0, 2d6+9)              [35s]
    Left Hand     : uncursed tower crystal shield (+1) [+14, +4]         [260s]
    Right Ring    : blessed ring of the fish                               [1s]
    Left Ring     : uncursed ring of slaying (+6 melee damage, +6 missile damage)
    Bracers       : uncursed bracers of protection [+0, +5]               [10s]
    Gauntlets     : uncursed gloves of dexterity [+0, +0] {Dx+2}           [6s]
    Boots         : uncursed boots of speed [+2, +0] (+8 spd)             [20s]
    Missile Weapon: uncursed long bow of accuracy (+9, +5)                [30s]
    Missiles      : uncursed arrow of darkness (+0, 1d6)                   [2s]
    Tool          : uncursed pick axe (+0, 1d6+1)                         [75s]
    I switch to boots of divine and a helm of teleportation when that is helpful aka avoiding dealing with cats in the arena but I also have the spell. So can i just TP the cat out or not?

Yes, you can
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Many thanks. Seems a little exploity but making cats important seems kinda evil so it works for me.

Easiest solution is to kill the cat.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Well. 2 of my top 5 deaths were from the Catlord so it's something I was/am looking to avoid. Trust me when I say I've slain many a cat in my day.

Funny I also started a Gnomish Necro that hasn't died yet. He's also doing quite okay (but has yet to reach DT).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    Many thanks. Seems a little exploity but making cats important seems kinda evil so it works for me.
    All that the crowd saw was that you cast a spell at the cat and suddenly there was no cat any more. How were they to know you used a teleportation spell and not a disintegration spell?

Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    All that the crowd saw was that you cast a spell at the cat and suddenly there was no cat any more. How were they to know you used a teleportation spell and not a disintegration spell?
    Don't they boo and throw vegetables when you teleport opponents away? In that case, it means they can tell
    "And light there be!"