Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best found ego items [spoily]

Cool Best found ego items [spoily]

As the title goes, this is for bragging and reminiscing about the best (or worst or otherwise most memorable) ego items we have found (as opposed to the ones we can hypothesize about). Here are some of mine:

- poisonous adamantium broadsword of devastation, dropped in the vault in PC6. My duelist went on to die due to player exhaustion (lone master mimic in the water temple).

- murderous quarterstaff of devastation, oh boy. It lasted me for most of the game until it unfortunately broke due to a stone block trap in the mana temple stepped on due to trying to stand in place instead of Listening while confused. Luckily, a quarterstaff of penetration dropped shortly after, so I ended up using that against the big boys in D50 instead. That same character also found:

- clothes of life. Doesn't sound too impressive? "Of life" is awesome, and I was playing a monk, and I like to stay under armor and burden restrictions when I do. I wore these until the end of the game.

- eternium two-handed sword of vampirism. With a chaotic orc paladin. Most entertaining way possible of keeping HP close to total.

I find exceptionally good ego items more exciting than artifacts at this point.
    Last edited by aerol; 03-07-2013 at 02:57 AM.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

The (good) ones I can remember right now:

nasty dagger of penetration - a very good phase dagger imitation, down to the damage stats!

weeping orcish spear of slaughtering? - not sure what the exact suffix was, but it did extra damage; that and the bleeding effect helped me clear vaults quickly.

light orcish spear of penetration - made a good all-rounder in the early game.

white eternium plate mail of resilience - was pretty useful, because that particular game really lacked on any body armor with good PV.

adamantium plate mail of protection [-2, +17] - another very generous gift, found in Darkforge.

eternium two-handed sword of thunder with +21 to-hit - poke monsters with this, stun them, then go berserk for massive damage!

And of course, multiple spears, battle axes and swords of devastation, mayhem or slaughtering, some found very early (milking for the win) and thus immensely helpful.

It is amazing how prefixes and suffixes can turn a "bleh" item into something extremely nice, or in a few occasions, a commonly safe one into something awful - trapped plate mail of order for chaotics, cursed clothes of hate in Dwarftown...
    "And light there be!"

-Adamantium dagger of penetration. Thief heir gift. There's a better than even money chance that my thieves will never change weapons for the whole game.
    -Mithril 2H sword of penetration. Giant phase dagger. Not as good as eternium, but it's on one of my winners. The same character had an eternium halberd of devastation.
    -Eternium spear of devastation. 1H spears are normally weak on the damage side, but ego ones are always nice.
    -Eternium plate of protection [-1,17]
    -Adamantium scale mail of life
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Eternium two-handed sword of penetration. Found in DF once.
    Orcish spear of devastation Half of my characters had one, and one even got in on UD:1 dropped by an orc scorcher. That's why orcish spear is the best weapon.
    Eternium two-haded sword of hunting More than 40 To on a necromancer without herbs is this sword's work.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Eternium 2HS of devastation.
    Adamantium platemail of life.
    Some nice penetration weapons, but don't remember the details too well.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Have anyone ever found wicked X of devastation?
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

I can't say I have. I dream of a murderous eternium two-hander.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Eternium two-handed sword of devastation was found by my trollish barbarian in DF. Obviously it lasted me through the entire game. Amazing weapon.
    Flaming handaxe of the sun - it was definitely a weapon of choice against undead, used by one of my wizards. Meleed the whole griffyard with it, super effective.
    Murderous whip of slaughtering - it was just a whip in its unidentified form. I only found out what it really was post mortem, when I used it in an attempt to change alignment on a lvl 11 wizard... not sure if those are exact prefix and suffix but it could deal enough damage to slay me with just one lash.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

eternium halberd of penetration - together with a long spear of same material and suffix, both found in Dark Forge, sadly the character lost both due to Moloch Thorns and stepping on coaligned altars [equipment dusting]

eternium 2HS of slaughtering - on a winner fallen champion fighter, 7d7 base damage with big bonuses lasted him the entire game

eternium longsword of devastation/penetration - both found by Vergil, my winner gray elf duelist, I don't think I have to say how good those are with this class

swift eternium mace of the sun - Mist Elf Priest Heir gift. Easy to get and can carry you a looooong way.

Penetrating boomerang of slaying - got burned up by a lightning lizard when it failed to return once. http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...fact-item-ever
    Last edited by Mobius; 03-07-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Format!