Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best found ego items [spoily]

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Have anyone ever found wicked X of devastation?
    Never found one so far

Quote Originally Posted by aerol View Post
    I can't say I have. I dream of a murderous eternium two-hander.
    I imagine a murderous eternium two-handed sword of penetration would be a stellar item, dealing tons of damage to everything and being virtually indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Murderous whip of slaughtering - it was just a whip in its unidentified form. I only found out what it really was post mortem, when I used it in an attempt to change alignment on a lvl 11 wizard... not sure if those are exact prefix and suffix but it could deal enough damage to slay me with just one lash.
    I once tested self-flagellation looking for bugs, and noticed a few quirks.

* Prefixes and suffixes, other than those which affect base damage, didn't have any effect.
    * The Z value in the whip's XdY+Z damage doesn't apply when calculating damage.
    * I was always brought down to 1 HP first, no matter the whip's damage. Healing even one hit point will result in the same effect if you do it again. Whipping yourself at 1 HP will kill you, obviously.

Oh, and it also has a very small chance of curing sickness - although at the stage where this effect would be fairly desirable, it's not a good idea to reduce your HP even more
    "And light there be!"

externium 2HS of devastation found in the SMC with a mindcrafter. Thought it was a win for sure.. damn ghuls!

The effect of murderous is pretty small, IIRC.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

lawful eternium halberd of devastation as a lvl one pc in the smc that char was played *extremely* carefully and ended up winning, a hurthling assassin i believe.
    All Races as Barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Have anyone ever found wicked X of devastation?
    I found both a wicked, and a nasty eternium halberd of devastation. Also a wicked eternium 2HS of devastation. All three (at different times) in the SC. This has lead to a fantastic number of deaths there...even a non-prefixed eternium weapon makes the early game nearly a breeze, so I always search the entire dungeon right after hitting holeinthewall for a first kill.

I once tested self-flagellation looking for bugs, and noticed a few quirks.

* Prefixes and suffixes, other than those which affect base damage, didn't have any effect.
    * The Z value in the whip's XdY+Z damage doesn't apply when calculating damage.
    * I was always brought down to 1 HP first, no matter the whip's damage. Healing even one hit point will result in the same effect if you do it again. Whipping yourself at 1 HP will kill you, obviously.
    I'm fairly certain I got slain from max hp to 0 in one lash. It was a long time ago so version differences might play a role here, but I remember it quite well.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

current human elementalist

12 griffon-feathered admantium sling-bullets of hunting

Small Cave. Adamantium Halberd of Penetration. Died 3 steps latter to 2x my level blink dogs. Worst best beginning ever.

oh also found a normal twohander of devastation with a ranger in the smc, first door *BOOM!* you can guess the only item that got destroyed...
    All Races as Barbarians.

I guess the best stuff I've found would be the eternium long sword of penetration on my ratling duelist, my ratling monk attempt had a mithril battle axe of devastation that I used pretty often, and then my ratling assassin found some eternium quarrels of penetration that were pretty helpful.