Thread: negative scores

Default negative scores

The other day I was generating characters and killing them off to help with getting into the BUGWIL area. To keep things from getting too boring, I tried to find different ways for them to meet their end. The most interesting went like this:

I got to the ID without any encounters and immediately came across the stairway leading down. I descended and quickly found a corruption trap. At this point I decided to corrupt myself out of the game. Luckily, nothing attacked me while I was doing this, and even more luckily, the attunement to astral space corruption was the second to last one I got. As a result, it was easy to turn into a nice slimy glob of nastiness, and I got this message...

LousyExcuse, the drakish ranger, was transformed into a chaos being.
    She scored 0 points.
    [OK, to be honest: she scored -94534 points!]

I wonder, is it possible to get a score even lower than that?
    Your armor weakens, oh my!

You can just turn your characters around and leave, that puts them on the highscore list so it counts I think. It might get boring, but it would be real fast and only takes what, 2 keypresses per char.

Anyway I think you might be able to get lowered if you managed somehow to get yourself stat drained to 1 in everything, and managed to piss off all 3 gods. Possibly other things as well, I don't know what all causes negative scores.

Of course I'm not sure if the positive score from actually playing to get stat drained and angry gods would outweight the negative or not - I've certainly never seen lower then -94k

You can just edit the adom.cnt file in your adom directory to set the bugcave counter.

You can get a monstrously low score from repeated praying, if you can survive repeated summonings/bolts of true matter. Several million below 0 I would suspect.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

You can get a score in the negative billions by
    achieving the 'got the merchant's guild to owe
    him money' line in your flg file.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    You can get a score in the negative billions by
    achieving the 'got the merchant's guild to owe
    him money' line in your flg file.
    What does that line mean?

> What does that line mean?

Just improve the value of a shopkeeper's potion of
    water/stun recovery by picking it up while you have
    the 'poison hands' corruption.
    He says something
    like: "Thanks for improving the value of my wares!"
    Last edited by gut; 06-10-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."