Thread: Should there be in game ways to learn cooking/fletching?

Default Should there be in game ways to learn cooking/fletching?

2 great skills but unless you start as Hurthling you can't get cooking (except with potion/scroll of education, or wish) so every cooking set you find is worthless. And unless you play as Archer or Farmer class, you don't get Fletchery skill so every Fletchery set is worthless.

I think it would be cool and not game breaking to have some kind of quest somewhere you could learn these skills. They definitely aren't wish-worthy, but would be very nice to have outside of 1 race and 2 classes.

I'd put cooking on the same level as pick locks - nice to have in the early game, and always useful, but not really essential. Maybe Munxip could teach you in exchange for a favor? Or maybe a goodwife NPC? (Maybe Yriggs has a wife? )

I agree with cooking, that skill is pretty universal. The only problem is that cooking sets are pretty rare?

Fletchery, I am 50/50 on having it available. I think the skill should be more reserved for characters focusing in archery. Maybe the quest would have a minimum skill proficiency?
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)