Thread: Wish experiments 1.2.0.pre11

Default Wish experiments 1.2.0.pre11

I've been experimenting with the results of wishing in the most recent prerelease.
    My PC, a lvl 50 mist elven wizard that closed the gate, stands on a wilderness square.

I wished for "eternium two-handed swords" 1000 times.

Overall weight of almost 3k items from all wishes: 159981 stones.
    Almost 1782 plain uncursed eternium two-handed swords, 216 blessed ones, 151 cursed.
    Otherwise, the vast majority were initially uncursed.
    Basics stats for this weapon are (+18, 6d5+18) [-1, 0]

Here are the more interesting ones:

- 18 *foo* of penetration
    - 10 wicked *foo* (+18, 6d8+18)
    - 19 *foo* of vampirism
    - 20 murderous *foo*
    - 20 *foo* of devastation (+18, 10d5+24)
    - 15 *foo* of hunting
    - 7 brutal *foo*
    - 11 *foo* of mayhem (+18, 8d5+24)
    - 19 *foo* of slaughtering (+18, 7d7+18)
    - 10 poisonous *foo*

The fun part starts here (only one of each):

- Nasty *foo* of vampirism
    - Green *foo* of mayhem
    - Weeping *foo* of the sun
    - Frozen *foo* of hunting
    - Wicked *foo* of the sun
    - Lawful *foo* of penetration
    - Poisonous *foo* devastation
    - Murderous *foo* of mayhem
    - Hateful *foo* of devastation

The last two have to be my favorites, sadly there was no wicked *foo* of devastation, which would have been the best item here in terms of sheer damage, but the hateful one is pretty close.
    Other than that, this shows how small the chance actually is to get something with the most desirable pre- and suffixes.
    I can provide a savegame if anyone is interested, there are plenty of swords not listed here, this is just my subjective list of most useful ones.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Other than that, this shows how small the chance actually is to get something with the most desirable pre- and suffixes.
    I can provide a savegame if anyone is interested, there are plenty of swords not listed here, this is just my subjective list of most useful ones.
    IIRC, the affix chance lowers with PC level (or was it the other way around? damn memory...)
    A savegame will be great. What was the platform you've created your char on?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Win 7 x64. I will add a savegame tomorrow, it's on a computer I use at work, playing in spare time
    As for pre- & suffixes, the chance to get both increases with PC level, by a whopping 1 percent at lvl 50 compared to lvl 1.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    IIRC, the affix chance lowers with PC level (or was it the other way around? damn memory...)
    No, chances of prefixes and/or suffixes increase the higher your level.

I would also like to see the complete list, but I don't have pr11. Perhaps you can post an FLG to Pastebin?

This post is also interesting to me, because yesterday I was wondering what the chances of a new item having a specific B/U/C status might be. From experience, I estimated 70 percent uncursed, 25% cursed, 5% blessed. Your experiments say 82.92% uncursed, 7.02% cursed, 10.05% blessed.
    "And light there be!"

I just made another character that started the game and has 10k RoDS. I can test it again to give you a clear picture as I might have dropped a few items the last time due to excessive weight.

I attached a lvl 1 char if somebody wants to play with it on their own. Candle born Mist Elven Wizard, Alert, Miser, Treasure Hunter.
    The only locations visited were Wilderness, Terinyo and ID, no quests done, no monsters killed, only Yggaz spoken too (given 1k booze), all skills and stats starting numbers, 2 spells added at 10k charges plus items.
    No svg hacks done, no adombotting, just messing with memory to change item quantities.

I'll make it lvl 50 and wish for the swords again, then upload that as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    No, chances of prefixes and/or suffixes increase the higher your level.

I would also like to see the complete list, but I don't have pr11. Perhaps you can post an FLG to Pastebin?

This post is also interesting to me, because yesterday I was wondering what the chances of a new item having a specific B/U/C status might be. From experience, I estimated 70 percent uncursed, 25% cursed, 5% blessed. Your experiments say 82.92% uncursed, 7.02% cursed, 10.05% blessed.
    My experience (mostly from pickpocketing water) has led me to believe it's an even 80, 10 and 10.

This is a save for PRERELEASE 5, after wishing for "eternium two-handed swords" 1000 times.

Items have only been identified.
    Total weight is 155545, so if we assume that one sword weights 50s, this gives us circa 3110 items.
    Some of them will be ultra-heavy/heavy/light etc. so give or take 50 items and you have the number.

227 Blessed
    232 Cursed
    1767 Uncursed

The rest are with prefixes and/or suffixes.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 03-13-2013 at 07:14 PM.

This one is for PRERELEASE 11, after wishing for "eternium two-handed swords" 1000 times.

219 Blessed
    229 Cursed
    1793 Uncursed