Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invisible at Arena

Default Invisible at Arena

Can i give the ratling the Ancient Mummy robes or any item that sees invis? I have one potion invis, may i throw it at him?
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

What exactly is the situation and question?
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

You mean the arena master, right?

If you have an item which grants invisibility, take it off.

If you have the invisibility intrinsic, you better hope you can either:

a: get it removed from drinking at a pool
    or
    b: find a potion of visibility (these seem to be pretty rare, unfortunately)

I have a potion of visibility. How does it work?
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

Drinking it will make you temporarily visible. It works only a short time though so if you still need to do 20 fight it won't last long enough. If you're already at your last fight it works like a charm though

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Drinking it will make you temporarily visible. It works only a short time though so if you still need to do 20 fight it won't last long enough. If you're already at your last fight it works like a charm though
    What he said.

The near-impossibility of doing the Arena if you've picked up permanent invisibility is a good argument for NOT drinking from any pools until you've already done 19/20 Arena fights.

You can use a potion of visibility to be visible long enough to do just one of the fights, so it had better be the 20th fight you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    The near-impossibility of doing the Arena if you've picked up permanent invisibility is a good argument for NOT drinking from any pools until you've already done 19/20 Arena fights.
    The benefits of permanent invisibility far outweigh the loss of doing the Arena...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    The benefits of permanent invisibility far outweigh the loss of doing the Arena...
    I got lucky in my most successful recent game because I did 19 Arena fights, went and did the Pyramid to get the mummy wrapping, and then got permanent invisibility and a potion of visibility before I got the 20th Arena fight quest from the dwarf. So it worked out pretty well.

The training from the old gladiator for the golden gladius is pretty good for most classes...

Permanent invisibility on an assassin = win. Or pretty close to win, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I can agree to that - see signature! Although, I would wait to pool sip until after the arena quest if I can. To drink early is rather risky.

I don't know where but I remember reading about Trinity (the level 1 hurthling bard who become the Chaos God) having permanent invis and needing 3 potions of *status* visibility in order to do the entire arena.

Pretty sure that status is cursed? Can any one confirm that cursed status makes the effect longer.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Blessed potions of visibility last longer, although still not as much as you may want. Put on a (blessed) necklace of the eye, light your torches and use Farsight if you have it, you want to waste as little turns as possible locating your enemies.
    "And light there be!"