Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Win: Ultimate Chaos God grey elf wizard slightly-faster-then-normal run

Good luck. Remember, copying a svg into savedg directory even once(unless there was a crash) counts as not a victory in my books.
    ...unless you're copying saves from computer to computer to play on multiple computers.

(Erik used pedantry! It's not very effective...)

Wait, you save scummed and posted a YAVP?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Lol, when I convince people to try ADOM, I explain to them that they absolutely cannot do exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Piper View Post
    ...unless you're copying saves from computer to computer to play on multiple computers.

(Erik used pedantry! It's not very effective...)
    Moving from one savedg to another is certainly fine, I've also done that.
    Learn to learn.

I think my average turns-per-minute on my first win was something in the thousands, maybe tens of thousands. :P (of course, I ended that game with about 2 million turns racked up, and no savescumming...)

I was able to do in 25+ hours over 5 months what takes normal people 5 years

I am so confused by this. It takes most people five years to beat the game if they spoil the game and save scum?

Quote Originally Posted by sytar6 View Post
    It takes most people five years to beat the game if they spoil the game and save scum?
    No, of course it doesn't..
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by sytar6 View Post
    I am so confused by this. It takes most people five years to beat the game if they spoil the game and save scum?
    Using the Guidebook and savescumming, it shouldn't take longer than maybe 40 hours of total playtime to finish the game. So, I'd say maybe a week or two from the moment you started playing, assuming you were relatively persistent.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

And 5 months of reading, saving the game and copying backups across.

When I was first learning the game, savescumming myself tons of wishes, and doing all kinds of nefarious cheater tactics, I could not pass the ToEF no matter how much I cheated. All the genie wishes I conjured weren't doing squat for me. Granted, I wasn't using the guidebook to spoil things for me, but still, I do think the game is a little more difficult than 'beat it in 40 hours'!

I only really managed to get passed the ToEF once I watched someone do it on a "Let's Play ADOM" and stopped save scumming. "What? Throw potions at it? EUREKA!"