Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chit-Chat thread.

I wonder when will be the first nuclear terrorists attack (at sometime it must happen right?)
    How do you define terrorism?
    Would "trying to kill as many innocent civilians as possible in order to win a political conflict with a nation" be a good definition?

If yes, then it has already happened. Twice.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

How much nuclear power though? And where (my memory fails me in this case)? Besides, what really is to fear from terrorist is probably not the nuclear menace, but the biological one. What we made is everyones, spis are everywhere
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    What we made is everyones, spis are everywhere
    As are STIs. Watch out for terrorist AIDS
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    PPPS and yes Yisk if you you are going to write something insulting to me, I agree with you.
    *here should be written something insulting to you*

I do not care about terrorism. It's a shame to break your neck on the stairs, but there are many more real dangers. A week ago I met a moron with a knife. If I were slaughtered, this would be said on TV? No, this is a drop in the sea.

You are great too, boris.

History is written by the winners. If these now-called "terrorists" were able to overthrow the ruling government and instill their dogma on the masses, they will be viewed as liberators and their "terrorism" was a neccessary evil in the purging and redemption of the country.

But to the rational mind, this is still an atrocity that should never occur. Sadly, reality never follows rationality.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Since this is a chitchat thread.. that ascii cat is teh awesome, man.

Sadly, it's not ASCII. It had to use several Unicode characters to get the right shape.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Is its back paw symbolized by an f in reference to ADOM cats?
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

Sadface, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, and the underscore too (that's the best part ).

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    How do you define terrorism?
    Would "trying to kill as many innocent civilians as possible in order to win a political conflict with a nation" be a good definition?
    Not really, no. Terrorism doesn't require civilians to be killed at all to be effective; in many cases, the threat of violence alone is sufficient to achieve the terrorists' goals. Terrorism also doesn't, strictly speaking need to be against a nation; it could be against, for example, between religious groups within the same country.

In a more general sense, the jury is out on whether states are even capable of performing terrorist actions--many argue that the behaviour of states is already governed by international laws, and that attributing the idea of terrorism to them is redundant. There isn't really any consensus on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    If yes, then it has already happened. Twice.
    Mmm... how do you define "innocent civilians"?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.