Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 141

Thread: Chit-Chat thread.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moscow. Russia.
    Posts
    261

    Default Chit-Chat thread.

    Forum is quite and stable. Almost nothing changes except for some challenges (Thanks to guys who supports them). ADOM is totaly naked. Everything (almost) is known and there is no more precious secrets in the game. Ok I didn`t win, yet and I don`t know if I will win anyday but there is almost nothing to speak about.. A couple of posts appears during the day, and sometimes even a new thread.. in which some guy like myself is asking question that was answered several times on this forum, and hundred times on others.
    and I still pressing F5 every 30 mins to check it. So guys! Lets communicate! Lets speak about politics for example? We all (I suppose all) are RPG players, we all can play different roles, and we surely have rich imagination and our own opinion about the events in the world. And I think we could know each other closer. You know, I already tried to imagine some of the visitors of this Forum (Adomites :-D). Some of them are friendly, some are not very friendly, but anyway they surely are good people.
    So I`ll try to start.

    They say that America is arming and training georgians and the second war is imminent...
    damn!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    4,998

    Default

    I'll be in America in less than 24 hours! Woooo!

    Also there's not end to Russian paranoia... or American paranoia for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if they both have troop training going on around Ossetia, and they each have spies amongst the ranks, and spies amongst the spies...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    We all (I suppose all) are RPG players,
    Somehow this made me wonder how well a forum-based pen-and-paper RPG (ok, not really pen/paper, but you get what i mean) would work? "Play a PnP-RPG (in reallife)" is still on my todo list, but wouldnt it be cool if we could play ADOM's story (or something related to ancardia and/or the drakelor chain) here? I bet the choice of character (race/class/...) would tell a lot about each player.

    What do you think about this idea? Bad idea? Good idea? *crosses fingers*

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    They say that America is arming and training georgians and the second war is imminent...
    damn!
    War sucks. Yeah, damn.

    Other than that, I bet we (civilians) dont really know anything of whats really going on. Although I really wish I knew "all those super-secret stuff", I bet its really interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'll be in America in less than 24 hours! Woooo!
    Yay! Have fun!
    Last edited by Epythic; 06-10-2009 at 09:36 PM.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

    The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    W. Mass
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'll be in America in less than 24 hours! Woooo!
    Slightly in advance of your arrival, but welcome to Mass!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moscow. Russia.
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Epythic, forum RPG`s are common thing in interenet, and I think, It would be great to have one here. I have a setting for pnp RPG in ancardia (i used it to play with my pals) but we played on our hand made system. I would gladly given the setting to some master who knows all mechanics and mathematics of adom system. Its very like the adom itself, except the game starts after the closing of the Gate. Adventurers wake up in the depth of the CoC near the closed gates, they see a lot of statues of another adventurers, corpses of balors, different gear scattered on the floor, petryfied Fistanarius (with some special features if interacted) and they start they way up to the surface.
    I designed level generation system to play on paper, its not so big but the level 10x10 is quite enough for pen-and-paper, so there is items, herbs and monsters generation also.
    The most funniest game was with 2 parties which were enemies and had to battle if they encounter each other. first party was chaotic followers of Lol`th and the second party was the orcish band of the folowers of The One Who Sees. it Was really funny game. )

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moscow. Russia.
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'll be in America in less than 24 hours! Woooo!

    Also there's not end to Russian paranoia... or American paranoia for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if they both have troop training going on around Ossetia, and they each have spies amongst the ranks, and spies amongst the spies...
    Gee, I remember, I was in DC in 2003, I was drinking in some bar when barman declared that some gentleman ordered booze for everyone, So I decided to see who is that generous genleman.. It was a retired marine, the big guy, he was sitting near the bar table and read the thin book. It was something written by general Lafayet. (i`m sorry if I misprinted). So we started to talk, and he said that he was in Vietnam, then I said that I`m from Russia, And he started to tell something like: "Ow damn what the hell is wrong with this sick country? why do they let comunists in our cities? Son I killed your fathers back in Vietnam" I tried to explain him that Soviet Union is no more. But he continued saying something like "Enough of Enoughs" and "communistic threat" so I left him. Thats about paranoia, Grey ))

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    Epythic, forum RPG`s are common thing in interenet, and I think, It would be great to have one here.
    Yay, thats exactly the reaction I've been hoping for

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    I would gladly given the setting to some master who knows all mechanics and mathematics of adom system.
    Nobody (not even TB, remember when I told him that it was possible to win with a level 1 char?) knows everything about ADOM, but I think we would have to change quite a bit anyway. For example, a computer can do really complex calculations in a breeze, but for a PNP/Forum RPG that would probably be unpractical.

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    Its very like the adom itself, except the game starts after the closing of the Gate. Adventurers wake up in the depth of the CoC near the closed gates, they see a lot of statues of another adventurers, corpses of balors, different gear scattered on the floor, petryfied Fistanarius (with some special features if interacted) and they start they way up to the surface.
    But if they are only in the CoC, wouldnt that be a bit boring? I mean, it doesnt really provide much opporunity for puzzles or something like that, does it? Also, all monsters would be already dead... And the game would get *easier* the higher they get. No, I dont think this could work.

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    I designed level generation system to play on paper, its not so big but the level 10x10 is quite enough for pen-and-paper, so there is items, herbs and monsters generation also.
    I think for a forum RPG we would have to abandon grid-based maps. Or do you really want posts such as "I walk north."?

    Quote Originally Posted by boris_pankov@inbox.ru View Post
    The most funniest game was with 2 parties which were enemies and had to battle if they encounter each other. first party was chaotic followers of Lol`th and the second party was the orcish band of the folowers of The One Who Sees. it Was really funny game. )
    Good idea!


    I think we (assuming that we actually do it and find enough players and DM's) could go for a normal regular/ultra ending game, but shorten it a bit so that the game doesnt concentrate on killing monsters. At least thats my general idea. Would need much more refinement of course.

    Of course we should work out a ruleset together before we start, roguebasin would be a good place for that. (note: for me, the development of such a thing would probably be at least as much fun as actually playing it, so... *crosses fingers*).
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

    The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epythic View Post
    Somehow this made me wonder how well a forum-based pen-and-paper RPG (ok, not really pen/paper, but you get what i mean) would work? "Play a PnP-RPG (in reallife)" is still on my todo list, but wouldnt it be cool if we could play ADOM's story (or something related to ancardia and/or the drakelor chain) here? I bet the choice of character (race/class/...) would tell a lot about each player.

    What do you think about this idea? Bad idea? Good idea? *crosses fingers*



    War sucks. Yeah, damn.

    Other than that, I bet we (civilians) dont really know anything of whats really going on. Although I really wish I knew "all those super-secret stuff", I bet its really interesting.


    Yay! Have fun!

    PBEM also work good to. done a couple of those.

    also as far as secrets go, it wasnt discovered until recently what throwing a PoCC at andor drakon does. Thats when alchemist man challenge came up. i dont think anyones tried it, i know I havent. Potion merchants the best way to go for that one.
    Last edited by Sradac; 06-11-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sradac View Post
    PBEM also work good to. done a couple of those.
    Really? The most complex game I've played by email so far is chess..
    In theory, email is not much different than a forum-based game, so this should work.

    Did you experience any complications? You are talking about RPG's, right? Did you use a specific ruleset / if yes, which one?

    Although I generally prefer mailing lists over forums, this forum is probably better-suited for this kind of thing, because we already have a lot of people watching this.

    EDIT: The only problem that I see is that it might take quite a bit of time - I don't have too much time these days, sadly. But still, I'd love to give it a try.
    Last edited by Epythic; 06-11-2009 at 07:30 PM.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

    The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,032

    Default

    > Lets communicate!

    COMMUN-icate?

    ...

    Kidding : )

    > Lets speak about politics for example?

    I was interested in politics until I realized it
    was all about money. Politician = someone who is
    good at making one group of people angry enough
    at another group of people so that they will give
    said politician their money to oppose said group.
    It's a scam.

    > They say that America is arming and training

    See, that would cost big money, so I have a hard
    time believing it. I have an easy time believing
    politicians are scaring one group about another
    group, so they can take them for all they're worth.

    > georgians and the second war is imminent...

    War costs money, and America is currently over 8
    trillion gazillion $ in debt, partly because of
    the war they already have going. America doesn't
    want to spend the money, so don't worry.

    > damn!

    Don't react, that's what the feed on!

    > I'll be in America in less than 24 hours! Woooo!

    Grey, I wish I lived further north, so I could at
    least make an ATTEMPT to kill you. : D

    You know, I did experience a strange feeling of
    nausia and foreboding around the time you were due
    to arrive. At first I chalked it up to some bad
    pizza or something, but now I know.
    I can get lawful fast enough by torturing beggars or drowning Hawkslayer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •