Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of old PC games

Default Lots of old PC games

Here's a list of old PC games or PC games you cant find in stores anymore that I MIGHT be putting up on ebay soon. Figured I'd put this list here first since I know you guys can appreciate a good game. Not putting up prices because 1 these arent for sale, not yet at least, and 2 Im not trying to turn this forum into a market that people go to to sell crap. But like I said rather give you guys first dibs if I decide to sell these instead of having some mass buyer on ebay buy them up and sell them for twice as much. If you are seriously interested in any of these let me know though.

They're all in english, all are US versions unless otherwise stated.

This is more of a gauging interest than a for sale. I have a lot of old PC games that you cant find anymore other than on ebay. None of these are burned copies, all are legally bought. Some I still have the original packaging for, others I might only have the jewel case for. Jewel case ones will obviously be cheaper.

All the mechwarrior 2 games. You can find mechwarrior 2 for like 10 bucks on ebay sure, but go do a search for the titanium trilogy. I have MW2, Mercenaries, Ghost Bears Legacy, Titanium Trilogy, and a couple of releases that have had misc graphical updates to most of these titles. I'll have to check to see exactly which ones they are.

mechwarrior 3
    mechwarrior 4
    Dark Reign 1 & 2
    Planescape: Torment
    Wizardry 8
    Final Fantasy 7 PC, platinum edition
    Tomb Raider 2
    Ultimate Doom
    Aliens vs Predator (No not the new one, the ORIGINAL one for the PC from '99)
    Baldur's Gate 2 (no throne of bhaal)
    Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
    Quake
    Quake 2 +both expansions
    Guildwars, Nightfall, and Factions. All collectors editions.
    Half-Life 1, Blue Shift, and Op For
    Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption (...if I can find it...)
    Sim City 2000 deluxe
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Yes PC version. And you can download a patch to play it online against other people )
    Falcon 4.0
    Starcraft + Brood Wars

I got a bunch more these are just off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Sradac; 03-20-2010 at 05:32 AM.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

All these games can be downloaded free of charge. What kind of maniac will buy CD?

People do. I don't, but people do.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

huh , planescape torment can be downloaded free of charge? Are we talking truely legit free here?? I will definatly need to check that out as torments a good game

Some of that stuff is what is called "abandonware". It's not "legit", more of a "no one cares if you steal it" issue. For some of those, at least. If you should steal stuff just because you can get away is an exercise left to yourself.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

> It's not "legit", more of a "no one cares if you steal it" issue

Sometimes you can't pay even if you are willing. For instance, a
    game called 'Companions of Xanth' simply wasn't available for me
    to purchase some years ago. No one had any interest in promoting
    or even carrying it. I was willing to buy it, but could find not one
    seller. Not a company, not a person, nothing. Things may be
    different now, but sometimes a filesharing proggy is the only
    option.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I thought the title to this thread would mean old old games, like the original PC version of Populous in all its CGA glory, SimCity (no need to add classic here), Xenon2 - Megablast, or maybe new old stuff like Wolfenstein 3D, and lemmings. Or older shareware classics like Jeff Minter's Llamatron, and Moraff's World. Games with options for CGA, EGA or VGA, and which told you on start up things like "You have 578k of free memory, thats 89k more than you need, thats gnarly!".

These are much newer old games. I am disappoint.

/lawn, etc.

Really didnt think anyone would want games that you had to have a B: drive to load up those giant disks in. I have simcity, crystal caverns, jungle jill, drakkhen, wolf3d, battle chess, several others.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Battle Chess! Loved that game to bits...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Battle Chess FTW indeed