Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chit-Chat thread.

nathrakh Guest

Bought a six pack of those. The taste was really good.. gotta warm the sauna today.. must taste reaaally good there..

nathrakh Guest

Happy birthday Laukku!! 18 years old now huh? Same as me. It's one of the best years! :-P Going to a bar tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    Happy birthday Laukku!! 18 years old now huh? Same as me. It's one of the best years! :-P Going to a bar tonight?
    Oh, Thank you!

I got to taste some alcohol drink in a little party today, and it tasted terrible in my opinion... I'll have to either get used to the taste or become a teetotaler :P
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    History Shmistory.
    Texas thinks the same way; they are writing Thomas
    Jefferson out of their history books.

Happy Birthday Laukku!! =)
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    Oh, Thank you!

I got to taste some alcohol drink in a little party today, and it tasted terrible in my opinion... I'll have to either get used to the taste or become a teetotaler :P
    Yea, it can be quite odd and even bad taste at first. I presume it was beer? I remember my first time drinking beer... It tasted horrible. Long drinks are ok to get used to drinking alcohol, they taste mild and quite soda-like.

Being a tee-totaler is fine too.. actually I didn't drink any alcohol for many months just a while ago, and it felt quite good. I appreciate tee-totalers (that word sucks, I prefer "absolutist" as we use it in Finland).

> Texas thinks the same way; they are writing Thomas
    > Jefferson out of their history books.

He tried to convince people to kill each other?
    If he did, good riddance.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Er, woops, I don't think I'd taken your entire post into consideration..
    from what I gathered, most of the stuff he did while in office
    was peaceful; Texas just doesn't like how liberal he is, so the
    conservatives voted to erase any mention of him from the
    history teaching curriculum.

Sorry for the confusion =x
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    Yea, it can be quite odd and even bad taste at first. I presume it was beer? I remember my first time drinking beer... It tasted horrible. Long drinks are ok to get used to drinking alcohol, they taste mild and quite soda-like.
    I agree with nathrakh, don't say that you don't like the taste of alcohol just because you didn't like a drink. Alcoholic drinks come in many tastes, so it's improbable that you will like or hate them all.

Beer is in fact difficult to get used to, I think no one likes it at first. I actually didn't like it until I was twenty-something even when I liked other alcoholic beverages, much stronger than beer. I started liking it when I spent some days with a group of germans that always drank beer, after a couple of days drinking it it started tasting better.

If you want something that you are likely to like from the get go, try a mild White Russian, or some Baileys, or a mild Mojito, or Malibu+pineapple juice, or Liquor 43+cacaolat. Those have a quite sweet taste and in most of them the taste of alcohol is not very obvious (in the case of the last one it almost doesn't taste alcoholic at all).

If one is drinking alcohol that doesn't taste
    like alcohol, then why is one drinking alcohol?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    If one is drinking alcohol that doesn't taste
    like alcohol, then why is one drinking alcohol?
    Ermmm. Why do people drink alcohol? To get drunk or it tastes good.