Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Statue sightings

Now that statues are implemented with effects this thread is relevant again, probably not a bad idea to report any statues found and any effects noticed for both science and so that people can see if anyone has found their statue.

I can report on one I found yesterday, and (one of) it's effect.

You stumble upon a statue. It has a look of a raven on the pedestal of pure black onyx. An old tome is lying under the claws.
    An inscription at the bottom reads: "Those who follow the path of Elendar may be enlightened."

Is Elendar one of the Gods for a race/alignment combination? I recall seeing somewhere (manual maybe? checked the online one but didn't see) a list of the Gods - Elendar could be one. Maybe he/she/it grants a wish if you are her follower
    Edit: Just found this on the wiki (http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Deity) and Elendar is not listed so that theory is out.
    Last edited by Booster; 04-23-2014 at 10:05 AM.

This thread is expected to come to life now that statue effects have been implemented.

Just a reminder to everyone: please keep those effects and activation of them in spoiler tags.
    Learn to learn.

You stumble upon a statue. A stone reproduction of a water fountain stands before you.
    An inscription on the bottom reads: "Behold water immemorial, adventurer: not frozen but held in time.".

Not sure if this is intentional, but effects that activate by just moving onto the statue square only trigger the first time the char does so.

Oh yeah, and be warned that some statues implemented in pr 21 have a very nasty effect indeed... http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2824
    Won with: Orcish Archer (1.1.1), Drakish Healer (1.2.0 pr11), Dark elven Necromancer (1.2.0 pr13), unarmed Ratling Monk (r57), Gnomish Beastfighter (r75)

You stumble upon a statue. It depicts a weasel with two heads. Each eye is made from different kind of gemstone [sic?]
    An inscription on the bottom reads: "Ancient Weasel of Eldritch Knowledge".
    Won with: Orcish Archer (1.1.1), Drakish Healer (1.2.0 pr11), Dark elven Necromancer (1.2.0 pr13), unarmed Ratling Monk (r57), Gnomish Beastfighter (r75)

You stumble upon a statue. It resembles a small brown bear, crafted from rough hewn wood.
    An inscription at the bottom reads: "Clifton, the bear"

Btw worth mentioning here that anyone on p21 that sees a statue/forge, best to backup your save game. Saw a bug report that crashes and sure enough the first statue I saw today crashed when approached.

Energy ripples through your body means that your god restored your PP. Not a statue effect.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by kNightCrawler View Post
    Not sure if this is intentional, but effects that activate by just moving onto the statue square only trigger the first time the char does so.
    It depends on the statue... some are deactivated, some are destroyed and some can be used several times or are reactivated after time.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    It depends on the statue... some are deactivated, some are destroyed and some can be used several times or are reactivated after time.
    Can you elaborate a bit on the mechanics on prayers to statue?

From what I've experienced, when you press '_' while standing on the statue's tile, you will be get the actual prayer and will be prompted "would you like to kick the statue (y/n)?" - quoting Booster's messages from this thread (I also got similar results when playing p21, although I haven't seen many statues):

As I see it, there are multiple strange things happening:
    1. Actual prayer to your deity - why is it there? Aren't you supposed to pray to the statue itself? Currently both effects kick in. As a player who almost never prays except for precrowns, I find this behavior more like a bug and useless prayer counter increase in the end log.
    2. Why are you prompted to kick the statue? There are supposed to be two different interactions (prayer and kicking), now they seem to be merged into one?

If statue mechanics are not actually complete (I know some statues are still not implemented), that's completely find. But I got the impression that they are supposed to be implemented?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I hope mine is reusable (I don't remember if one specified it in the form)... if it isn't, it will be quite underpowered compared to