Thread: Troll Spellcasters

Default Troll Spellcasters

Any advice or hints? They seem pretty decent. I have never had a game winner, and its still a rare accomplishment for me to grab the RotHK but the second troll i have ever made has gotten it. I am a book Trollish necromancer and he has been pretty lucky but i play him a lot like a barbarian (is this just how trolls work?) and at lvl 14 i only have 73 pp which is annoying. Just wondering what i can do to beef my spellcasting up. I have eaten the oralce and i am left with 21 Le and crowned with perserver.
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

Not much you can do. Trolls have terrible PP and huge penalties to learning spells. As a necro you can train your Ma by raising lots of undead, I guess. Other than that, probably fighter with magic support is best you can do.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Does anyone know if blessed crystals of power raise PP? I imagine camping ant levels for gems might help if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by StViers View Post
    Does anyone know if blessed crystals of power raise PP? I imagine camping ant levels for gems might help if that is the case.
    If I remember correctly, blessed crystals of power have a small chance if adding a few points to max. PP, just like blessed scrolls of power.

While you're at it, try to get a lot of blessed crystals of knowledge too, and 'U'se them while starving and sick. Mid-50s Learning guaranteed, possibly almost 60 I like having high Le in my wizards.
    "And light there be!"

The abuse of TO and WI in the new betas imo killed Troll Casters, previously hitting HP was fine, indeed it was really good for trolls to do so. Now... not viable.