Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Powerful Race/Class at lv 50

Default Most Powerful Race/Class at lv 50

What is/are the most powerful race class combination, given the best possible luck, and without. Who could deal the most dmg per "second"? Who theorhetically is overpowered for player vs player? Who can survive the longest? I can imagine orc barbarians with tremondous blow being pretty tough, or a troll assassin with increased critical modifier + backstab destroying the deadliest of foes in one hit and i just cant forget Any paladin with justifier.
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

In player vs. player, it depends a bit on the terrain. In an open board, it's hard to beat an archer with farsight--they can hit you anywhere, do lots of damage, potentially spam conditions like blindness or just take the 6x criticals with slaying ammo. Best chance against archer would be wizard, since you could just spam darkness everywhere to reduce their advantage, as well as teleport. In tighter quarters, wizard is probably a better choice. Of melee classes, really only barbarians, paladins, beastfighters, duelists and monks are probably competitive, but I don't think they'd have much luck against a caster. Though a necro with a couple quickling liches might put up a good fight too. [edit]Actually, necro may be one of the strongest thanks to the whole immortality thing.

Maximum possible damage in a single blow is probably backstab + tremendous blow + critical hit + minotaur axe or needle+sting + bless bonus. Paladin with Justifier can do lots too, but I don't think they beat tremendous blows with a higher base damage weapon.

Highest damage per unit energy is probably either archer or duelist--Sun Messenger + True Aim on undead or slaying/superego weapon for duelist.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 04-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I'd have to give the edge to an archer, simply because of arrows of slaying which rape everything including Andor. I recently needed a few levels with a level 35 ish archer and didn't have any trouble wiping out the EM summon'd GMs. Most other combos would have at least some trouble, even a wizard would need to leave and come back. Archer could just stand there and wipe them out.

other strong combos:
    Any Paladin with Justifier (double damage)
    Any Barbarian with Vanquisher (slay everything)
    Any Archer with Slaying Ammo (slay everything with 300 energy cost)
    Any Duelist with a slaying weapon (slay with 300 energy cost at GM level)

In terms of durability it would be interesting. I wonder which Class is theoretically, the hardest to kill if the player just stood there.

I'm thinking probably a high level mist elf fighter who has smithed up their equipment to ridilcous levels. Half damage for race, You then add in the class bonus you'd get some crazy PVs even before the damage reduction.

I wonder which Class is theoretically, the hardest to kill if the player just stood there.
    Immortal necro, without any doubt.

Necromancer is potentially the strongest at level 50. Becoming an archmage with one isn't out of the question, either.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    even a wizard would need to leave and come back. Archer could just stand there and wipe them out.
    I beg to differ. I had a wizard once who could just teleport into the center of all the summoned GMs and drop them all with acid ball while never falling below 50% hp.
    Then I just moved on to gather the rest and repeat that, all in one session, as in no PP regeneration in the wilderness.
    Still, I agree that end-game archer is a fearsome class.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

So perhaps a necromancer, possibly an archer. What about who is more powerful vs the game? What character could dive the deepest into the ID? Even a level 50 necromancer would eventually be down to 1 health if it kept dying between two monsters and essentially be stuck.
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

A wizard with large PP pool and significant reduction of spell costs due to class, could theoretically go very deep with magic mapping spell and teleport.
    Invisibility might be sufficient to protect from 90% of monsters until some truly out-of-space things begin to appear.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    So perhaps a necromancer, possibly an archer. What about who is more powerful vs the game? What character could dive the deepest into the ID? Even a level 50 necromancer would eventually be down to 1 health if it kept dying between two monsters and essentially be stuck.
    My guess is that PvM is exactly where an immortal (arch) necro shines. Could probably dive forever. In PvP I am not as sure, maybe there is some smart trick that can kill them, or maybe there is a standoff situation where neither character can ever kill the other.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

What is the most powerful melee race/class/starsign?