Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Powerful Race/Class at lv 50

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    What is the most powerful melee race/class/starsign?
    are trolls any better at lvl 50? ie troll assassin or thief for stunning crits
    You don't have to be taught all that much; you just need to acquire more cautiousness, an almost healthy amount of sheer paranoia, and a more fine-tuned "OH SHIT RUN!" reflex. ~Silfir

Race: drakeling, or dark elf for find weakness
    starsign: Raven is best for endgame power.
    class: Either Duelist with Executor or Paladin with Justifier, not sure which of those has better damage / energy. In fact I suspect the pally does better, especially against high PV.

Trolls are better insofar they still hold a stat advantage. At level 50 any race can have outrageous stats. Imho, by the time you reach the endgame their stat advantage pales in comparison to the XP problem.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Cash: you might want to read this to see how a melee class can make it beyond I1000.

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...igh-Elven-Monk

To any new players reading this thread: I'd like to remind you that while PvP ADOM would be a bloody awesome thing, it can only be played in our minds at this time.
    "And light there be!"

In a dungeon setting Lv 50 mindcrafter would be the hands down champ. TP around and blast you with greater mind blast through walls, you would never even see them.

Probably necromancer through the sole virtue of being impossible to kill with the right artifacts equipped. Eventually everyone becomes bored and goes home.

Aside from that, it's obvious that a merchant would totally dominate by carrying 10 of every item in the game.

Considering the fact that in the current version, there is pretty much no way to even come close to killing an immortal necro, I think they kind of win by default.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Death due to old age from randomly summoned ghosts I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Considering the fact that in the current version, there is pretty much no way to even come close to killing an immortal necro, I think they kind of win by default.
    petrification or corruption?

Good call there, corruption definitely works. A chaos knight could be a foil of sorts to an immortal necromancer. Obviously, you still probably have to do enough damage to kill him 20 times before you get there. Petrification resistance is acquirable. Technically.

I think in PvP archer would reign supreme, while in PvM necromancer would be unmatched. Reasoning: For necromancers there is virtually no limit to their offensive capabilities, since minions don't have level cap. Thus eventually their pets would eventually outdamage everyone else in PvM. In PvP though, archers would be able to easily kill their uber pets, after which necromancers would pose no threat. Being almost immortal wouldn't help if they got killed 100 times in a row.