Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwarven paladins and the unremarkable dungeon?

Melons give you more nutrition density than large rations? Interesting. I never thought about buying melons.

Yeah, assuming the food list has it right, melons give 500 satiation (same as a ration), while weighing 20s, and costing the same amount as a large ration at Munxips. And don't seem to spoil, either.

Everything you'd get from a large ration for 10 percent of the weight. Everything you'd get from an iron ration for (less than?) half the price and 20 percent of the weight.
    Last edited by Grumbledwarfskin; 04-12-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: stupid percent-sign bug

Melons do degrade over time, but perhaps you are consuming them fast enough not to notice.

Also, large rations are plenty useful since you want to be Strained! in the early game anyway to train St up fast...this can be a bit dangerous later.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I've never had a melon degrade on me in my entire life... At least in ADOM 1.1.1. Do they rot now?

Large rations are usually the first non-spoiling food item to go after the spoiling ones, but they're still non-spoiling food available in great quantities for very little gold right from the start of the game. It's very rarely a mistake to stock up on them as the first item of business upon entering the chain.
    Last edited by Silfir; 04-12-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I second that. Even if the PC is so weak they can only carry 2 or such, I will sometimes still buy more and
    just stash them on the top line in order to make room in the shop for more.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Dwarves appear to have a very fast metabolism. Hadn't played one for a long time, and was surprised about the food problem they face in the early game (he was a weaponsmith if that has any effect, very rarely choose that class). Or is it just because of the inedible orc corpses?

With the races I usually play food is never, and I mean never, a problem.

Worrying about starvation is really annoying, so I will not be playing dwarves much. Rarely play trolls either, but at least they have all the corpses to feed on.

What version are you playing? My dwarf duelist was Bloated most of the game, because of all the corpse drops.
    Learn to learn.

I'm always surprised about people's problems with food. I never have any.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

Actually, not having orc corpses can very well be a big deal. I don't have any numbers but these are likely the most common corpses.

Also, dwarves always start with loads of heavy equipment which means that you'll get to burdened very soon. This is especially the case wit h weaponsmiths who are usually on the brink of burdened right from the start of the game.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Hello, i'm new in this game and have i little problem in UD. im a dwarf palladin level9. My question sounds like what i should do when im stuck on the 6 or 7 level, where no any ladders except the one that leaded me there. Im ready to die of hunger there, help me plz. Kicked all walls, just no idea what to do