Thread: adom fever strikes me again, and new surprise only ADOM can offer...

Default adom fever strikes me again, and new surprise only ADOM can offer...

...was running de weaponsmith 'Rilian', and was doing very well, until dreaded great undead wault on ~D45. Put on cloak of invisibility, amulet of protection from undead, and dualwielded ('Scullcrusher' + 'Dwarven rune axe') my way right into the heart of deaduns...

Liches (!!!#$%$^&) didn't stop summoning. One of them even summoned Banshees(!?), first time in my long (occasional) 'adom career' saw that! Of course one wail of Banshee killed all of the summoned living in the wault, including my weaponsmit.

Is it kind of adom update that liches can summon Banshees, or was it game bug, and how the f... Banshee spawned on D45 or so?

Emperor liches i assume? They can summon anything iirc but i'm not aware of many reports of them summoning banshees!

Nasty. I will definitely keep a certain item in my inventory from now on.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 05-15-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Emperor liches i assume? They can summon anything iirc but i'm not aware of many reports of them summoning banshees!
    There's a couple of people in the old RFE tracker who have reported banshees being summoned. I have tried to make that happen on 1.1.1 just to see if it was really possible (the banshee is not unique, so it isn't really a bug), but couldn't.

There was also another report of emperor liches summoning cat lords, even though he's unique. If anyone can ever reproduce that, please let us know.

mackthaknife, which version were you playing?
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    mackthaknife, which version were you playing?
    it was v1.1.1,
    normal mode enabled,
    adom sage enabled,
    on ancardia.uk.to server.