Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 14

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Very cool pictures. Haven't gotten a chance to play any ADOM myself, but damn, the characters are really high on the tile (well, center I guess, but...). They definitely need to be moved down to like 1/4 up.
    Yes! It is necessary to deepen characters into cells.

Quote Originally Posted by purge View Post
    -Not related to tiles, I got the black tome on a lawful dwarf priest as my first gift which corrupted the crap out of me. Should this be a lawful gift?
    -Seemed to be getting an unusually high number of rivers in my games. Maybe it was bad luck.
    Both are "gifts" from RNG gods. Pre/postcrowning gives random artifact. That can include awesome stuff like silver key or black tome. Thou if it was normal crowning (you received one elemental immunity and permanently blessed status) then it's definetly a bug. And number of rivers is totally random. My worst was river at level 1 of both puppy cave and village dungeon (no swimming of course).

From screenshot I've seen I might personally like if sprites of characters would start 1/3 from the tile's bottom instead of starting from smack center (½ from bottom) of the tile. But it's hard to say which is actually better unless you have images of both to compare.

I think it looks pretty good as is. The sprites start high so that you can still see floor features (traps) and objects when you're standing on the space.

Ben

Gonna try my luck at p14 tonight - the graphics look absolutely amazing! Like many others here I am skeptical I can go back to graphics after getting used to ASCII but after hearing so much praise I can't wait to try it out!

One comment I have (and this is just going from the screens) is that the minimap doesn't look too intuitive. Are there plans to change/spruce it up in the future? The reason I ask is that my foray into the roguelike world started many years with a less-hardcore roguelike by the name of Ragnarok/Valhalla. I played that game to death and one thing I loved about it was that you had a graphical display (also only showing a limited distance away from you) and an ascii display of the level as a minimap. You can see a few screens of how this worked at http://www.myabandonware.com/game/ragnarok-1hp - the rainbow and the bottom left screenshot). I alternated between the two and think this could work great for ADOM as well - to be able to see an intuitive ASCII map of the level and the graphical display would be like having our cake and eating it too.

These are just impressions from not having played yet, but something to consider. Can't wait to try this out - keep up the great work!
    Last edited by Booster; 06-12-2013 at 08:06 AM.

We already have improved the minimap, it now has two modes: one ASCII mode and one with colored blocks.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    We already have improved the minimap, it now has two modes: one ASCII mode and one with colored blocks.
    Fantastic! Is that in p14? Can't wait to play!

No, sorry... you need p15 (once it's ready).
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Hi there!
    I emailed you last week after having paid you paypal money, and still haven't received an email from you. Could you have a look for my mail please TB? I'm eager to get a look at this prerelease. x

Thanks,
    Sylvia Hollins

In noteye I can't see myself on the map when I am invisible. Is this supposed to be this way? IT makes it very hard to find my way around.

also darkforge disables teleport controlwhich is fine, but it should disable teleportitis. I was playing the pool roulette and picked up teleportitis. ok with me, I have control. but control doesn't work in darkforge. now im having a hell of a time just getting out and Im almost trapped in here. making the build almost unplayable.
    Last edited by gosos; 06-23-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gosos View Post
    also darkforge disables teleport controlwhich is fine, but it should disable teleportitis. I was playing the pool roulette and picked up teleportitis. ok with me, I have control. but control doesn't work in darkforge. now im having a hell of a time just getting out and Im almost trapped in here. making the build almost unplayable.
    You were playing pool roulette! Tough on you :P
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!