Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: hardest race/class bombo to win the game

A class that has a comfortable early game can't be all bad. Thieves have one of the hardest.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Now, pre-resurrecton I would have agreed with you, but since the removal of most scumming, and the max stat restrictions, I find mid and late game killing more of my characters than early game does.
    (She says after just losing a troll assassin to a river drowning in DD:4)
    Last edited by sylph; 08-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Early game death is not a tragedy. You haven't even got used to your character. It has no soul.
    But late game death is what truly hurts, as it's the death of character already seen as future winner, dead from stupid mistake or RNG cruelty.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Ok, I want to revive this topic.

So since I get bored quickly in Adom I want to play hardest race/class combo I can think of. Currently I am thinking of wolf born mist elf thief.

Anyone has a more challenging idea?

I play a lot of mist elves and while they have their challenges I wouldn't call them the hardest class. They have Concentration, so you have spellcasting abilities if you find v the books.

Actually a mist elf thief would be a good combo for the trap avoiding capability.

Yes, there is a more challenging combo.

Mist elf chaos knight. Reroll until you have absolutely terrible starting corruptions. That is, at least two corruptions from this list:
    Astral planes
    hating the sun
    unholy aura
    Your bodily tissues seem to be in a state of decay requiring a lot of will to stay up
    stiff muscles
    mana battery
    poison hands

And no corruption that from this list:
    Exhale sulphur
    Blood turned to acid
    Tough Scales
    Your legs have stretched into long, fragile stilts

As starsign goes, anything except candle, raven or tree is OK.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Even poison hands makes life too easy for a CK.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Yes, there is a more challenging combo.

Mist elf chaos knight. Reroll until you have absolutely terrible starting corruptions. That is, at least two corruptions from this list:
    Astral planes
    hating the sun
    unholy aura
    Your bodily tissues seem to be in a state of decay requiring a lot of will to stay up
    stiff muscles
    mana battery
    poison hands

And no corruption that from this list:
    Exhale sulphur
    Blood turned to acid
    Tough Scales
    Your legs have stretched into long, fragile stilts

As starsign goes, anything except candle, raven or tree is OK.

Poison hands - yup... a real pain in ..... fortunately mist elves don't need as much food. So yes, annoying but it does not make the game THAT hard. Basically you cannot use potions and herbs are less useful.

Mana battery - Also not big of a deal. At the beginning you don't have wands anyway. Pobably least of a problem from the list.

Blocking the sun - hmm.... any other effect than darkness? If not would be annoying but... there are worse things

Astral planes - yup - hard to deal with - however can be turned around if blink dog found - and could actually become quite useful. Defenitely randomizes gameplay.

Unholly aura - yes, also a pain but managable. Basically not shops allowed that's it.

The real problem is stiff muscles and Your bodily tissues seem to be in a state of decay requiring a lot of will to stay up... but stiff muscles much worse.

BTW.
    I just rolled one mist elf CK to check it's starting gear. who started with 27 PV... LOL.

I'll think of it... however I dislike idea of deliberately rolling the character to get worst random things there are. This sounds more like a "challenge game" and in general I dislike challenge games. I like challenging myself within the normal mode of gameplay and not by imposing artificial restrictions.

Poison hands is only a boon to CKs starting with it.

I had a naked ME CK have 30 PV with the right starsign, corruptions and talents.

I am not really certain that it is possible to start with stiff muscles btw.

PV isn't everything. If someone would manage to win with a ME chaos knight with bad starting corruptions I'd be really impressed.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.