Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unarmed Monk - Tons of Greater Karmic Wyrms

Default Unarmed Monk - Tons of Greater Karmic Wyrms

So I'm making my way through the cavernous level just past the Cat King's level with my unarmed monk. All of a sudden, I notice a pack of like 30 Greater Karmic Wyrms. I try to get away, but they all start casting confusion on me in a bad way and throwing bolts at me. I have Sun's Messenger and like 5 or 6 rounds of dragon slaying ammunition. I have this weird feeling that they're sitting on the down staircase, but I haven't had a chance to explore the level yet. Is there a way to...like...kill them? Or is it just one of those things ADOM throws at you that you got to run the fuck away from?

One thing you can try is to read a scroll of familiar summoning and hope you get something that can handle them.

Or read a scroll of magic mapping and see if you can just avoid them.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Confusion resistance, stay out of shot, trained poisoned boomerang/scurgari of returning. Otherwise locate the downstairs and teleport. Best luck.

I think I'll be trying to escape first. I have some scrolls of familiar summoning. I'll give those a shot if they're standing on the staircase. Guess I should put on the water orb and a ring of mental stability. The -conf I'm getting from my shirt of the saints isn't cutting it.

you can try wielding 2 shields, setting tactics to coward, and getting past them, swapping places whenever needed with your class power
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Alright, update. I read a scroll of magic mapping. Turns out they're not on the staircase. I ran to the staircase. Went down a level.

Killed three or four monsters, and one of them dropped a Wand of Wishing (5 charges)!

Is there a way to turn these wishes into dead greater karmic wyrms? Would a Wand of Death work on them? I remember clearing out tension room full of (regular or greater or ancient, can't remember) Karmic Dragons using a WoD.

-I'm going to be wishing for some magic writing sets so I can write some scrolls of chaos resistance/peace/defense/protection.

- I might want to use another wish on getting a way to level up. I'm still in the mid 20's. Not sure I should wish for the emperor moloch, as I doubt I can pierce greater molochs or manuever away from tons of them in a reasonable way.

Dunno want to use the rest of the wishes on. Maybe I should wish for some spellbooks of teleport. That would be helpful. Perhaps a wand of paralyzation and some slaying ammo.
    Last edited by sytar6; 06-13-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Wow, great stuff. Wrt what Frankie said, for in case you need to in future, a monk can even swap places while confused.

Quote Originally Posted by sytar6 View Post
    Alright, update. I read a scroll of magic mapping. Turns out they're not on the staircase. I ran to the staircase. Went down a level.

Killed three or four monsters, and one of them dropped a Wand of Wishing (5 charges)!

Is there a way to turn these wishes into dead greater karmic wyrms? Would a Wand of Death work on them? I remember clearing out tension room full of (regular or greater or ancient, can't remember) Karmic Dragons using a WoD.

-I'm going to be wishing for some magic writing sets so I can write some scrolls of chaos resistance/peace/defense/protection.

- I might want to use another wish on getting a way to level up. I'm still in the mid 20's. Not sure I should wish for the emperor moloch, as I doubt I can pierce greater molochs or manuever away from tons of them in a reasonable way.

Dunno want to use the rest of the wishes on. Maybe I should wish for some spellbooks of teleport. That would be helpful. Perhaps a wand of paralyzation and some slaying ammo.
    Wand of death isn't a bad idea. Or a banshee if you have beeswax handy...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I think karmic wyrms were immune to death rays (shrugging them off 100 percent of the time). Banshee is a good idea.
    "And light there be!"

will the banshee kill everything? is there anyway to survive the banshee if you dont have beeswax?