Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Clean your ears? :P I always use first aid, that is actually even useful when you got hit. Very nice ogre magi trick, I had problems with those piranhas quite some times

0.14.11 Undocumented character abilities

"There is a game bug in the Elementalist level 6 class power. They do not receive fire immunity. Very unfortunate"

You probably mean fire resistance, and THAT is not extremely unfortunate, as they (always?) tend to receive a fire resistance ring at startup. 6 quick test chars always got 1 fire resistance ring, in addition to 1 ring that seemed to be random. And could be fire resistance too.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Re: darkness, I was thinking of compiling a convenient list of things that do see in the dark. Off the top of my head:

. . .Doesn't include uniques, and I may have missed some.
    * ankheg
    * cave lizard
    * gremlin
    * white unicorn (duh)
    * all bats
    Last edited by mike; 06-19-2009 at 11:24 PM.

How about adding more info on monsters which of them ignores PV or hits criticals. At least stone ooze and ratling duelist seems to target a vital spot on every hit (= ignores PV?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    How about adding more info on monsters which of them ignores PV or hits criticals. At least stone ooze and ratling duelist seems to target a vital spot on every hit (= ignores PV?).
    Stone ooze and ratling duelist are in. I think I'm pretty much caught up except for the stuff gut posted today. Let me know if anyone's specific contribution has been overlooked. It's a lot to keep track of.

Thanks.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

in The Arena it says there are four possible champion opponents, which gives the idea that all four have the same 1/4 chance of showing up. I wondered if it was coincidence that I nearly always have an ogre magi as opponent in the arena, so I did some testing:

50 times gives:
    Bonk 7
    Li-Han-Kay 11
    Li-Hon-Kay 7
    invisible Ogre Magi 6
    Ripclaw 10
    Spardakius 9

I was suspecting 20% for each, counting Li-Han-Kay and Li-Hon-Kay as different; 50 times is too few though, but I'm too lazy for more tries; also it might be race-dependant or dependant on anything else. And of course a better test would be with see invisible
    This was a save-scummed human elementalist level 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    I was suspecting 20% for each, counting Li-Han-Kay and Li-Hon-Kay as different; 50 times is too few though, but I'm too lazy for more tries; also it might be race-dependant or dependant on anything else. And of course a better test would be with see invisible
    This was a save-scummed human elementalist level 16.
    I think it's class dependent. I often got the ogre magus when I played elementalists, but now that I play only wizards I tend to get Spardakis.

Anyway, of course, this is based on subjective observation (not on rigorous studies) so it may be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    Stone ooze and ratling duelist are in. I think I'm pretty much caught up except for the stuff gut posted today. Let me know if anyone's specific contribution has been overlooked. It's a lot to keep track of.

Thanks.
    The Ancient Karmic Wyrm is still listed as seeing invisible. Yes, it's minor, but he's a common wish target for the exact reason that he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    + green blob
    giant rust monster
    diamond golem
    vapor rat
    clawbug type insects
    quickling king/queen?

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    The Ancient Karmic Wyrm is still listed as seeing invisible. Yes, it's minor, but he's a common wish target for the exact reason that he doesn't.
    Interesting. Yes, I did hold off on that deliberately, because I find the implications startling. Does this mean that if the PC emerges invisible from the BDC without killing Srraxxarrakex that Sharad-Waador allows the PC to walk away unscathed? S-W is so insistent that I had a hard time with that.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/