Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    I think you're asking for every line in the ToC to link to its subsection? Or initially at least the major ones? That's simple enough but time consuming.
    It's not a major priority, but it would be a very nice thing to have once it's done, if you see what I mean.

Keep up the good work!

Hmm. I found some old notes of Guidebook updates I had from long ago, let's see what is still relevant:

0.1.5 HEIR ITEMS
    *Might want a little sentence above the table to specify more clearly that these items come from the Heir talent.
    *Archer's heir missle weapon type depends on the race; Elves get arrows IIRC, and hurtlings get, strangely enough, rocks.

0.2.2 CHANGING ALIGNMENT
    *Might mention grave-digging as another chaotic act.
    *Reguarding self-flageliation, you might want to mention the usefulness of negative PV armor and the need to get PV as low as possible for it to be effective. With low PV it is a very efficient method of becoming lawful.

0.2.3 ALTERS
    *Possibly mention the fact that angering one god pleases the others.
    *Neutral diety summons are Holy Slayers, not Specters.
    *In the first paragraph, clarify Neutral mobs won't sac a Neutral PC, and lawful mobs won't sac a lawful PC.

0.3 FOOD
    *The 'transgressing some law' message doesn't seem to appear when consuming humanoids anymore, even with 100 law.
    *Mention the Monster Appendix for corpse effects.
    *Mention Food Preservation skill increases corpse generation significantly.

0.4 SKILLS
    *Smithing is most easily trained by removing rust from items; you can rust items on purpose by hopping in a river or water trap, and removing rust doesn't use any ignots.
    *Clarify Metallurgy only helps to ID types of metal, and doesn't directly help Smithing.
    *Assassins always get the Poison recipe first with Alchemy.
    *Giving Hatchets to the Carpenter gives a direct, immediate boost to the Bridge Building skill.
    *Probably worth mentioning under Gardening that plant seeds don't seem to do anything and doesn't train the skill (but can be given to farmers).

Wow I actually have a lot more, but I'll just list these for now to not overload ya =)

I like overloads . Also, I've never had a non-chaotic enemy sac me, even when I was a different alignment from the alter and enemy.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Also, I've never had a non-chaotic enemy sac me, even when I was a different alignment from the alter and enemy.
    I have:

http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=997
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

>*Neutral diety summons are Holy Slayers, not Specters.

I just accidentally became a fallen N= champion because of healing my pet too much. And spectres was what I got.

Hmm, most interesting. If you pray until you piss off a neutral diety, you get Holy Slayers (I just re-tested to confirm). And then I tested falling from crowned status and indeed Specters are summoned instead. Most curious. Guess that means I have to test the others too!

Chaotics get Greater Demons when they piss them off, and also get Specters when they become a fallen Champion.

Lawfuls get Solars when they piss them off, and once again get Specters when they fall from grace.

It took me quite a bit longer than anticipated to get this sorted, but GB updates are being made again. The see invis in the Water Temple has been corrected. I'll review the last several posts in this thread.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Question : what happens if you polymorph shopkeeper?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Question : what happens if you polymorph shopkeeper?
    There are (don't have the exact list) some monsters, including shopkeepers, which are not affected by PoEx.

EDIT: Actually, I've just tested something and it looks like ONLY NPCs and bosses (I don't know about royal guardians and artifact guardians) are not affected. Others (like such guys as greater emperors, balors, emperor liches) are all vulnerable to polymorphing. The other thing is that you actually have to hit them and some bastards dodge potions with ease (but eventually are turned into smth). Looks like potion throwing *can* be used when clearing a greater undead vault or to deal with problematic consequences of grave digging...
    Last edited by _Ln_; 11-22-2009 at 04:39 PM.

There's a small mistake in appendix A. Bracers of speed actually weigh 10s, while bracers of regeneration are 18s.