Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Druid assepts Greater Chaos Beings (Orb guardians ^_^) not the most corupting corpses.

Guth accepts the following corpses
    * Snake From Beyond
    * Master Summoner
    * Ancient Stone Beast
    * Ancient Chaos Wyrm
    * Greater Black Unicorn
    * Chaos Archmage
    * Black Unicorn
    * Black Druid
    * Emperor Moloch
    * Multi-Headed Chaos Dragon
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Quote from guidebook:

Guth'Alak will reward PCs who bring him the corpse of a powerful chaotic monster with a potion of cure corruption. Eligible monsters include Keethrax, orb guardians, Keriax, the minotaur Emperor and any black unicorn.
    Please add: Guth'Alak will reward non-chaotic PCs..
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Glod - I'm pretty sure it originates from Terry Pratchett.

[from (shaky) memory]
    The caliph was cursed by an dyslectic(?) deity, so that everything he touched was turned into Glod. Sadly, Glod was the name of a dwarf of a faraway kingdom, who found himself endlessly dragged off to the caliphate and reproduced untill the curse could be lifted a few thousand Glods later. To this day, the inhabitants of that place are known for being quite short and having a nasty temper.

So when you wish for glod - you presumably meant to wish for gold - so funny that a small dwarf is summoned instead.

Glod also seems to be the name of several villages in Romania.

And come to think of it, wasn't Yulgash a character in my old, old "pool of radiance" PC game I played in the 80s sometime? He was inside the pyramid in the lake and was polluting the river to Phlan...
    Last edited by Molach; 06-05-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Is it in general knowledge that a hidden wall blocking a corridor can have a trap? Not a hidden door,
    but a wall, in the middle of a corridor..

##############
    -># Its a TRAP!
    ##############

First time seeing one, had an unfortunate adventurer kick the wall, get stunned by a trap and blown away
    by a Vortex..
    Last edited by Jursk; 06-06-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

Those walls are sometimes actually doors, which themselves may be trapped. In fact I think they have a higher than chance of being trapped than normal doors you encounter.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Those walls are sometimes actually doors, which themselves may be trapped. In fact I think they have a higher than chance of being trapped than normal doors you encounter.
    well, normal doors come in two varieties closed and open....

Hidden ones have same chance to be trapped as closed ones.... Open ones are in general untrapped
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Sometimes you can close open ones and they trap themselves though. Either they are trapped and open, or it has to do with being doomed.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

From the Guidebook: 0.13.12.1 Permanent effects
    The walls and the ceiling of this room are sewn with cracks.
    - increased chance of equipment being damaged/destroyed? less turns to mine through walls?
    Today I received the following message:

-----------
    You Climb upwards...
    These caverns seem to be almost endless. There is a stair leading downward here. The walls and the ceiling of this room are sewn with cracks.
    A stone block hits the female goblin rockthrower. The female goblin rockthrower is crushed by the stones!
    A heap of 7 cursed rocks (35s) is lying here.
    -----------

I assume the goblin was killed by a stone block trap, though I've not been able to locate this exact message referenced anywhere. Upon removing the stones, there was no ^, and walking around and on top of the same tile, I was not able to reproduce the same event. This was also the very first thing that happened upon entering the room as well as level, as arrived there by staircase. In addition to the proposed meanings of this room's message present in the guidebook, it seems also possible that there may be an increased chance at this trap appearing.

Stone traps are used per one hit. Like it would be in real life i guess if anyone would set one.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)