Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

I accidentally scared a shopkeeper with unholy aura, and I did become either cursed or doomed (forget for sure)

It's possible I melee'd him or otherwise hit him AFTER he got scared, and that resulted in it, but unholy aura isn't risk free on dooming.

Digging shop walls and kicking the loot outside is the safest and
    most game-breaking way of robbing a store, as there are no side effects.
    I seem to recall that shopkeepers get mad if you destroy their walls. And shop walls can't be dug, just destroyed with a wand os destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Harwin View Post
    I accidentally scared a shopkeeper with unholy aura, and I did become either cursed or doomed (forget for sure)

It's possible I melee'd him or otherwise hit him AFTER he got scared, and that resulted in it, but unholy aura isn't risk free on dooming.
    Maybe it needs more testing. I know I didn't get cursed or doomed but then I only killed the thugs and left the shopkeeper alone when he panicked.

EDIT: Just pissed of a shopkeeper with unholy aura, killed all the thugs and left the shopkeeper alone BUT I did hit him a couple of times. I got cursed. maybe there's a roll involved as I've definately robbed two shops this way without cursing.
    Last edited by Cripplefish; 08-21-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pblack View Post
    I seem to recall that shopkeepers get mad if you destroy their walls. And shop walls can't be dug, just destroyed with a wand os destruction.
    Then your recollections are most poor.

Sometimes shop walls can be swept away with a wand of digging, sometimes not. There is a good chance (but not guaranteed) of at least one of the HMV or Black market being diggable with ones wand.

Also, the WandDes does not piss off the shopkeeper (even though you could argue that it certainly should ), although it might be worthwhile moving all the stuff in the shop out of range before hand - I dont know if destroying items in the shop piss of the merchants within, but it would make sense.

The only problem with the wand des method is remembering where the shop ends if you remove 60% of its walls.

This isn't entirely correct: some shop walls are diggable. It is just somewhat random and unreliable. You need to be quite lucky be able to kick-rob a shop because you need to be able to dig the corner walls--I've heard of this happening for sure in the Black Market and HMW.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    This isn't entirely correct: some shop walls are diggable. It is just somewhat random and unreliable. You need to be quite lucky be able to kick-rob a shop because you need to be able to dig the corner walls--I've heard of this happening for sure in the Black Market and HMW.
    Adom is probably the only game where you learn something new after years of playing... lol

But is it really possible to kick-rob? because when you try to kick something inside a shop the shopkeeper yells to leave that alone or something like that and I don't remember if the kick is succesful or not.

Adom is probably the only game where you learn something new after years of playing... lol

But is it really possible to kick-rob? because when you try to kick something inside a shop the shopkeeper yells to leave that alone or something like that and I don't remember if the kick is succesful or not.
    This is why you need to dig the corners. The shopkeeper will get mad at you if you kick items while in the shop. Here's what you want to get:

Code:
    ..#####@#
    ..#.....#
    .@#.....#
    ..]######
    Kicking the pile diagonally from outside the shop will not upset the shopkeeper. This effectively allows you to rob the shop ad infinitum with no risk. Obviously, considering the exploitative nature of such an action, some players (myself included) consider this tactic to be very scummy.

[edit]Incidental note: this tactic is of little-to-no use in potion shops, since kicking potions will cause them to break. At best, this could be used to destroy bad potions in the hopes that the shopkeeper will restock with better ones.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 08-21-2009 at 07:44 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

ohh... now i get the system.

yeah...quite scummy indeed =P

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    It's also possible in randomly generated shops. I've had it happen in one potion shop I visited...
    The Adom wiki: everything you need to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/ADOM_Wiki

In the section 3.10 The Mana Temple, I'd add a prerequisite to the list: some means of see invisible.
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.