Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

Not sure I like it - it's fairly cumbersome to navigate, and searching for specific talents can yield multiple results from the pre-req columns which can be confusing. Maybe the text in the "combined with" columns could be set to grey so they're not confused with the actual talent columns?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

At least quick shot and lighning shot are missing from the table. Note also that lightning shot reduces missile attack cost more than what's stated in manual (with quick shot only it's stated -10% but together these reduce cost by 27,6%).

In 0.4.1 Guaranteed ways of acquiring skills there is one pretty funny typo: Pack locks should be pick locks.
    It might be worth of it to mention also that pick locks can be used to lock an open door in a single turn (can be handy against humanoids if skill is high enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Not sure I like it - it's fairly cumbersome to navigate, and searching for specific talents can yield multiple results from the pre-req columns which can be confusing. Maybe the text in the "combined with" columns could be set to grey so they're not confused with the actual talent columns?
    Oh I'm sure I don't like it - but if it's going to be done in HTML I don't know a better way. The difficulty in generating a single snapshot that tells the whole story is indicative of how complicated the system is. I thought of using different colors, but that means adding a tag to every single cell with the different color. I think. Maybe someone who knows something about HTML can recommend an easier solution.

This was a quick attempt to get comments; something to start from.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    At least quick shot and lighning shot are missing from the table. Note also that lightning shot reduces missile attack cost more than what's stated in manual (with quick shot only it's stated -10% but together these reduce cost by 27,6%).

In 0.4.1 Guaranteed ways of acquiring skills there is one pretty funny typo: Pack locks should be pick locks.
    It might be worth of it to mention also that pick locks can be used to lock an open door in a single turn (can be handy against humanoids if skill is high enough).
    All fixed and incorporated, thanks.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

You might want to note that breaking down doors with thrown rocks/anvils isn't guaranteed (Seemed to be strength dependent.) Hmmm, I wonder if moloch armor can do the same thing.

Section 2.2.2 Cats in the Arena

However, if the PC creates or sets off a trap which kills a cat, he is charged with killing the cat.
    This is incorrect. If a PC triggers a trap that kills a cat, then yes, it counts against you. But if a cat triggers a trap and dies from it, the PC is not charged with the kill, regardless of if the PC created the trap.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

And how often, pray tell, have you found traps in the arena that were not created by the PC?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

He's saying even if you make the trap and the cat dies it's not your fault. Only if you trigger it (I.E. You jump on a fireball trap and it torches a cat.)

Might be worth mentioning that drowning damage is based on your max hp too. (Or something that correlates with it a lot, like level). An invisible character with some blessed spenseweed and 60 hp can probably do just fine underwater even without water breathing. Same character with 600 hp is going to be in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormlock View Post
    He's saying even if you make the trap and the cat dies it's not your fault. Only if you trigger it (I.E. You jump on a fireball trap and it torches a cat.)
    That doesn't sound consistent with my experience. Easy enough to check though.

A few things:

There is a guaranteed item of water breathing on the bottom level of the Rift. It can be either a helmet or amulet, and is usually just lying on the ground somewhere.

I mentioned earlier that sickness can be cured by offering items at an altar. I've checked the piety restriction on this, and it seems to only happen if the PC is 'very close' to their diety.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Just confirmed that cats dying in the arena due to them setting off player created traps does not count against the PC in regards to the cat lord.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com