Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

i have hard times to believe danger levels of all levels were non dived... Skipping whole term, how one would detect one...
    Either by item generation or monster generation.... well, that brings out question how mobs/item danger levels were gained...
    As far as i know there is no in game method to detect any of these...

Moving back to topic - As 90%+ of my investigations involve either AdomBot or another type of savefile manipulation it would probably be best if you ignore all mine posts about game features in terms of *high standart* guidebook updates...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    i have hard times to believe danger levels of all levels were non dived... Skipping whole term, how one would detect one...
    Either by item generation or monster generation.... well, that brings out question how mobs/item danger levels were gained...
    As far as i know there is no in game method to detect any of these...

Moving back to topic - As 90%+ of my investigations involve either AdomBot or another type of savefile manipulation it would probably be best if you ignore all mine posts about game features in terms of *high standart* guidebook updates...
    I'm not exactly sure how ADOMBot works, other than running the Linux version under Windows. Most of the info in the GB was derived from savescumming. Repeat a scenario 1000 times or more, either by hand (ouch!, I did most of that myself ten years ago) or automation, and try to draw a statistically valid conclusion. It helped that we had some experts in statistics working with us at the time.

As far as specifics go, danger levels as an example, I don't remember. It may have been observation of items generated on the level, over many, many trials.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    As far as specifics go, danger levels as an example, I don't remember. It may have been observation of items generated on the level, over many, many trials.
    AdomBot is basically memmory hack. Unluckily it does not do all work so few times i have done some manipulations more manually.
    you should remmeber that Adombot was forbidden thinbg at some point, before *someone* revived it on these boards...

I told you above - how do you get item danger levels when?

Well, i would like to see players to do some work, but since most of new generation reads IGB anyway...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

Danger levels could have be calculated from a baseline such as ID:1 and then increased one by one with Scrolls of Danger, and then viewing which items/monsters would appear there. From there you would have a point of reference for other dungeon levels to calculate their DL.

To Conan - none of scrolls increase danger level by one [or actually non randomosed amount].

I also searched usenet archives for good in past. Have not seen such thing... Keep in mind danger level listings appeared in times code diving was not so uncommon thing....

Well, steel man would be an endless case study in DL: 1 items. Also, since CoC has perfectly linear DL, that zone could have been a starting point for item/monster DLs. Not that I'm saying this is what happened. =P

Here's a few things that I've noted that might be worth adding:

In section 0.2.2 under the discussion of alignment, I think it would be worth mentioning that killing certain types of monsters have substantial effects on the PC's alignment. In particular, killing blink dogs and especially white unicorns is quite chaotic, even if the monsters are hostile. Killing certain chaotic beasts draws the PCs alignment towards lawful--I don't have a complete list, but it can be easily checked with the Law skill, but notably most dragons, daemons, and grues, as well as some giants (fire/frost giants for sure), steel golems, most chaos monsters, etc. I believe this works all the way up to level 50, although it may be that as you get higher in level, you need stronger monsters to change your alignment--haven't checked that part.

Your god will cure sickness (and possibly other conditions--not poison or blindness) when you sacrifice any amount on an altar, if your piety is respectably good (very close for sure). The same effect can be experienced by lawfuls using whips, on some occasions.

The disarm traps skill seems to give small amounts of experience under successful application--this may be the only way to gain experience without killing anything.

In 0.6.1, being Strained or Strained! definitely does not abuse dexterity, although it does increase food consumption. Being Overburdened does abuse dexterity quite severely, however. Although it isn't terribly convenient, spending large amounts of time while blind seems to train perception.

Poison hands corruption does not prevent the PC from 'U'sing herbs such as spenseweed, or doing alchemy.

In 0.14.6, I believe that at least the Candle starsign has been quantified explicitly. My memory is that it worked out to 1 HP every 8 turns, but I'm sure someone else can confirm. It is considerably better than the maxed out healing skill.

In, 0.14.9, I think the values quoted for seven league boots are incorrect. Blessed seven league boots reduce base walking speed from 1000 to 500, uncursed from 1000 to 750. I think cursed are 1500. The effect is a bit more complicated with other modifiers in place: long stride + 7lb reduces movement speed to 487, for example.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Jellyslayer, opening and closing locks should also give experiencen, no?

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Well, steel man would be an endless case study in DL: 1 items. Also, since CoC has perfectly linear DL, that zone could have been a starting point for item/monster DLs. Not that I'm saying this is what happened. =P
    From guidebook:
    Code:
    31  7 Minotaur Maze 6
    31 stands for danger level...

there is no single item having 31,32 or 33 DL...
    To my best spoilly and divy knowledge mob generation is affected by char level and some other conditions....
    How this info was obtained in a clean way?

How this info was obtained in a clean way?
    Obviously it wasn't.

To my best spoilly and divy knowledge mob generation is affected by char level and some other conditions....
    Obvious proof for that is berserker lords and rust monsters being generated on D:1 eventually.