Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

In Appendix F, you have the un'IDed name of scrolls of education as ?, which i presume means unknown.

In my experience, they almost always appear as:
    Code:
    scroll of education ....................... scroll labeled "MANNANNANMACLIR"
    Any idea what that string of characters means?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    Any idea what that string of characters means?
    In Celtic mythology, Manannán mac Lir is the god of the sea. He is often seen as a psychopomp, and considered to have strong connections to the Otherworld islands of the dead, as well as to weather and the mists between the worlds. He is usually counted as one of the Tuatha Dé Danann, although most scholars consider him to be of an older race of deities. He features, under slightly varying names, across early Irish, Scots, Welsh, and Manx myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manannán_mac_Lir

Orc butcher corpses always gives +1 st

Quote Originally Posted by jiilo View Post
    Orc butcher corpses always gives +1 st
    Have you tried it out when your strength is very high and/or at its potential maximum?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Have you tried it out when your strength is very high and/or at its potential maximum?
    Strength was at around 30 and at its potential. Found tension room of them and atleast 3 out of 3 corpses gave +1 st

Just did some quick testing on orc butcher corpses. Character was level 1, 27 str, 39 potential. Ate ~750 corpses, and managed to get my str to 40. I stopped there as I ran out of time, but it looks to me that orc butcher corpses always have a chance at increasing strength, but it's very low. To go from 39 to 40 took me around 150 corpses.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

New stuff re: scrolls of education and orc butchers has been added, thanks.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

"Choosing knowledge results in Guth'Alak teaching the PC the Herbalism skill (or Gardening, if Herbalism is already at 100)."
    My wizard had Herbalism at 50 (or 51/52?) and Guth'Alak taught me Gardening when I chose knowledge.

I've also always been under the impression that choosing knowledge will teach Gardening if the player has Herbalism at any skill level.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Python View Post
    "Choosing knowledge results in Guth'Alak teaching the PC the Herbalism skill (or Gardening, if Herbalism is already at 100)."
    My wizard had Herbalism at 50 (or 51/52?) and Guth'Alak taught me Gardening when I chose knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I've also always been under the impression that choosing knowledge will teach Gardening if the player has Herbalism at any skill level.
    I'll change that now, thanks. I never tested it myself.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/