Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Guidebook work

In 0.6.1.1 Exercising stats naturally you may emphasize the usefullness of book-casting spells to train mana (it doesn't waste potentially valuable castings of spells). Especially when walking in wilderness, remember to use up all your spare PP by book-casting some spells.

Quote Originally Posted by sterjs View Post
    I guess I'm lucky, but I've never needed a penetration weapon enough to consider using a wish on one. The Earth Temple is unthreatening if you lure the monsters to the stairs. It takes a little patience, but the ancient stone beast can be killed even with a modest melee attack.
    Ancient stone beast can be killed even by throwing only shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The Guidebook has the unided names of a few artifacts listed wrongly. "Fine leather armour" and "rune-covered heavy mace" are the only two I'm sure of - in the game they will be unidentified as simply "leather armour" and "heavy mace", and won't get those prefixes until fully IDed. NC can only be noticed easily from its odd weight, Purifier cannot be noticed at all (so all heavy maces should be picked up and identified).
    When pointing out mistakes, it helps me immensely if you identify *where* in the GB the mistake is, so I don't have to search. NC's unid'd name is correct in Appendix A. Where is it wrong? Purifier has been corrected in Appendix B. Is it listed elsewhere incorrectly?
    I think Grey was referring to my post which in turn was referring to Appendix A in which the unidentified name of the fine leather armor "Nature's Companion" was already correct ("leather armor") according to Grey. On this basis, he probably meant the appendices.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Williams View Post
    Discover with ADOMBot, verify in a real game is best I think. Isn't there some doubt about whether things work exactly the same?
    Yes, someone said someone's ADOMBot-generated items didn't behave correctly, but I don't know how old ADOMBot version that was and I also don't know if that was just caused by weirdly configured item properties.

In most of my ADOMBot-aided tests, I've got all things I've needed with a single ADOMBot-generated Wand of Wishing. This method should lessen the chance of malfunctioning items. If you accept results of such tests, I will post them if I think I've got something worth adding in the guidebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezur View Post
    In most of my ADOMBot-aided tests, I've got all things I've needed with a single ADOMBot-generated Wand of Wishing. This method should lessen the chance of malfunctioning items. If you accept results of such tests, I will post them if I think I've got something worth adding in the guidebook.
    By all means post them. I'm sure others will holler if there's a mistake.
    ADOM Guidebook: http://adomgb.info/

I think I'm caught up again with specific corrections/requests.

Appendix J:

Ratling warlord corpse currently reads a relatively small alignment drop.

I just ate one at N-, and went all the way to C. I'd say that's more than small.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3AM View Post
    Ratling warlord corpse currently reads a relatively small alignment drop.

I just ate one at N-, and went all the way to C. I'd say that's more than small.
    Changed, thanks.

In the spell list, you might want to include a notation that Magic Missile and Lightning Bolt spells bounce off walls. That killed me a few times when I was starting.

If you're still wondering about the maps, then the best way to fix it is to

- Remove the <font> tag.
    - Add the following to the css-file:
    Code:
    body {
      font-family : Arial;
    }
    - Link the html-file to the css if it isn't already.

This has the advantage that it also makes it very simple to change the font if you want to do so at a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    If you're still wondering about the maps, then the best way to fix it is to

- Remove the <font> tag.
    - Add the following to the css-file:
    Code:
    body {
      font-family : Arial;
    }
    - Link the html-file to the css if it isn't already.

This has the advantage that it also makes it very simple to change the font if you want to do so at a later time.
    Some of the maps use <pre> ... </pre>, some use a <font> ... </font> where the font is monospaced. At least it's supposed to be monospaced. I'm going to have to go through and unify the approach to something that works in all browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    In the spell list, you might want to include a notation that Magic Missile and Lightning Bolt spells bounce off walls. That killed me a few times when I was starting.
    Added that. Of course the wands work the same way.