Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corruptions You Take Off Right Away On Every Character

Default Corruptions You Take Off Right Away On Every Character

I think for me it'd have to be the Stiff Muscles corruption. I honestly can't think of any others which always require removal every time.

Scar tissue / mana battery / poison hands
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Early unholy aura, stiff muscles, mana battery.

I love poison hands, especially early. Well, if I own insulation.

I've kept mana battery around on a wizard who had very little use for wands around that point of the game. Recently played a Hurthling Monk who I kept mana battery on for quite a while, waiting until I got a second corruption before I used one of my SoCR. Had Teleportitis, Teleportation Control, and could kick down walls. Had very little need of wands. I don't mind keeping the corrupted tissue thing on if I've gone some Gelee Royal and it's the first corruption I get (meaning I'd be wasting some of my SoCR by removing it)

Stiff Muscles though - with few exceptions, I won't take a damn step with that corruption on, no matter who I'm playing or what point of the game I'm at. I'm surprised Alucard doesn't mind it.
    Last edited by sytar6; 06-16-2013 at 01:40 AM.

I do, but you mentioned it already.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

Stiff muscles, poison hands, mana battery, unholy aura, apish (is this one still around?) if playing a spellcaster.

Runner ups: teleportitis, thin and nimble, ChAoS touch, blot the sun, disease-ridden maggots, tentacle mouth.

I'm picky with my corruptions
    "And light there be!"

I agree, stiff muscles is the worst. Everything else can situationally be ok or at least workable.

Hehe, funny that you mention apish and astral planes Anon. I love those. Next time you get these corruptions could you give them to me?

Having both maggots and unholy aura is hilarious.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 06-16-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Astral planes kill one's ability to learn complex spells.
    I'm going to win with Dark Elves of all classes.
    Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Beastfighter, ULE Archer, UNE Barbarian done.

Apish is great... you can get 10+ free points of St and To from it. Most of the stats that you lose are fairly replaceable ones anyway.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Hehe, funny that you mention apish and astral planes Anon. I love those. Next time you get these corruptions could you give them to me?
    If only I could

Even if you don't read from books, the constant prompts to choose where your new location are really annoying. That's why I hate teleportitis (and in connection, why I don't drink from pools most of the time). Apish would be good for a melee PC that doesn't need "mental" stats much, but I've yet to see it in the closed prereleases. And I rolled a ton of chaos knights. Think there was a bug report on this...
    "And light there be!"