Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Ancardian Fighting Championship II

Some extra sparring sessions with grobblewobble... take care, dudes, we are well prepared! :-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Those who would like to use class masks, be aware that the mask lists all classes you do NOT want.
    Based on the Final Rules as listed*, the class masks are:

Weak race: dehijkmnor
    Strong race: abcfgilopqst

*: The rules at the time of writing do not mention monks and mindcrafters at all and list both farmer and beastfighter twice.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 06-22-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I don't get why necromancer is included in the beefy. All the other magicians are in anemic?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-22-2013 at 10:26 AM.

So i rolled nice book born human wizzard with learning 24 and acid bolt and lightning bolt.
    D1 gifts invisibility book, d2 shop acroos river. Swim through - invis steal potions - mix two extra healing pots for emergencies.
    Fresh from swimming descend to d3 just to open door to set fireball trap....

Crap - rerolls.

Hurthling ranger ---made quiet run to DT to gran some mithril gear, back to big room for some herb farming due to some wererats managed to start arena fighting at something like 1967 turns in....

20th -spardakius, shot down without problems
    21 - giant bat
    22 - lizard man
    23 - orc
    24 berserker prince
    25 owlbear
    26 barbarian leader
    27 - blink dog needed jut 90 to clear the round. Here goes my prayers.
    28 ogre lord - luckily by that time between talents, athletics and arena sword had speed above 120 -- so established some moving patern and whacked him at true berserk.
    29 fire lizard
    30 ratling fencer
    31 rattling warrior zombie
    32 shadow troll - 92 speed, two steps back - smite, three steps back - smite. So boring.
    33 fire beetle
    34 harpy
    35 hydra - still bellow 100 speed - no problem.
    36 orc scorcher
    37 raatling warrior
    38 black slayer. PV - yes, regeneration - yes, speed above 100 -yes. RIP brave hurthling.

Code:
    Gorbulas      St:12  Le:17  Wi:10  Dx:19  To:23  Ch:14  Ap:11  Ma:11  Pe:13 NL
    DV/PV: 19/7    H: -13(99)     P: 27(27)      Exp: 9/15810       D: 3  Sp: 121
    Berserk
    Tragic miscalculation, but that fight was going nowhere anyway.

Damn, need to try some beefy races I guess.

Beefy class: troll bard - runs down to DT, starts picking stuff, whacks mimic, gets paralyzed. So classic...
    Last edited by Soirana; 06-22-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Falcon born male gray elf archer:

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

May I teleport the PC out of the arena? With a trap. I don't have control.

20 Spardakius
    21 orc
    22 giant frog
    23 troll
    24 lightning lizard
    25 barbarian
    26 swordman
    27 clay golem
    28 living wall

Screenshot (25).png

So this was my pre 14 attempt. Will install 1.1.1 now and proceed.

Took Heir, got 40 winged mithril arrows of hunting.

Lost starting long bow to a stupid trapped door. So did all the fights up to 20th with a bloody dagger thrown by an orc before the arena. Then used gladius. The barbarian dropped a regular short bow. Used my two prayers on the lightning lizard.

Got the wall down to critical, he did paralyze me once, but luckily survived with 9 HP left. So I could run away and pepper him with the Heir gift. Damn, so close.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 06-22-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Yes Stingray, that is allowed.

First character: dark elf paladin, dragon-born. Gets roasted by a lightning lizard from a mixed vault on D:7.

Second character: troll necromancer. Enter Terinyo, drink my potion of booze, read my starting book: the collected works of confucius. Then take a swim in the river. Drowned. How did that happen. Reroll.

Damn, thx Grobblwobble. Should have abused that trap.

Beefy character, second try.

This time it's a troll bard. In the wilderness I stumble into a nest of barbarians. I bravely run away, leaving my cave bear behind.

In the CoC I clear a minor vault of gnolls and hyena's. Also find a lawful altar. I used up both prayers in the vault so I convert and sac some. One of the axes turns out to be penetration. On to dwarftown, where I buy a mithril shield and a two-hander. Then I race back to the arena, start my first fight around 1800 turns. After the first few fights I find a few gray oozes breeding among the ratling traders. Not good. I kill two, corroding my two-hander a bit, then shut the last one away behind a door.

Fight 20: Bonk, the Hill giant. I use up my last prayer in this fight and win it barely.
    Fight 21: Orc.
    Fight 22: Ogre lord. I lose.

I just played my first char (weak race). I rolled a hurthling paladin with 11 To. Not too good, but not too shabby.

Unfortunately, I lost due to overplay. I got to the arena in turn 2133. The reason was that, when getting back to the Arena level after diving to D:8, I found a werejackal in the level directly below the arena and his summoned creatures made me lose a lot of turns.

I fought the arena fights anyway, using mostly melee combined with rocks, and here are the results (from fight 1):

1. Killed Ernest Hemingway, the goblin
    2. Killed Amanda Gross, the kobold
    3. Killed Alexander the Great, the gnoll
    4. Killed An unnamed skeleton
    5. Killed Warren Christopher, the lizard man
    6. Killed Justin Bieber, the giant bat
    7. Killed Julio Iglesias, the jackal
    8. Killed Robert de Niro, the large kobold
    9. Killed Harry Potter, the wererat
    10. Killed Admiral Lord Viscount Nelson, the werewolf
    11. Killed Lady Gaga, the large spider
    12. Killed Ron Paul, the ankheg
    13. Killed Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the kobold shaman
    14. Killed Michael Crichton, the imp
    15. Killed Lewis Carroll, the hippogriff
    16. Killed Luciano Pavarotti, the cave bear
    17. Killed Angela Merkel, the harpy
    18. Killed Fernando Alonso, the fire lizard
    19. Killed Sherlock Holmes, the fire lizard

And in the last fight, I got Li-Hon-Kay, the ogre magus, and he just blasted me to death.

Second char, a drakeling weaponsmith, was killed in the 7th arena fight by a ghul. I played too quickly, I had enough resources to try to avoid being hit, but I didn't.