Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Creator's Day 2013: Multi Roman Republic Game

"Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Well 5 out of 6 characters made it through the early game in good shape and one of them is ready for an ultra. This is going to take long.

My hands are itching to prove you wrong Jelly and show that Frank can handle a shadow wyrm just fine. But I don't want to overdo it, Sirtheta and _Ln_ haven't gotten much of a chance to play yet.

Maybe we should add a rule that anyone who didn't create a character is allowed to join in and play too?
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 07-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Sorry, grobble, things have been very busy here However, once I get off work today, I've got a four-day weekend, so I plan to play a lot

edit: I have a rather boring drake beastfighter I rolled on Creator's Day and took to 2001 turns that I may post later..perhaps that could be used as sort of a dumping ground for anyone interested?
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Maybe we should add a rule that anyone who didn't create a character is allowed to join in and play too?
    Yes, absolutely. Anyone who missed the deadline is free to play any of the currently running characters. There's plenty to go around.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

grobblewobble, you forgot to upload the save file for Madeleine ;-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Yes, absolutely. Anyone who missed the deadline is free to play any of the currently running characters. There's plenty to go around.
    Oh, sorry about that. I already have played a turn this afternoon without having created any character. Good that we are adding a rule for that
    1 ULE, 1 UNE, 18 regular endings. Won with every race. Trying to win with every class. Never won with farmer, merchant, mindcrafter and thief.

I'm so very tempted to take one of the characters I rolled (but insta-saved) yesterday and put it up for people to play with. It was created on Creator's Day! That should count!

As _Ln_ pointed out on IRC, it was a poor decision to spend the wish on acid ball. Currently learning, pp and especially willpower are too low to really gain anything from it. It would have been better to choose something that'd been immediately useful, like seven league boots or red dragon scale mails.

Dang. Hopefully they will at least help in the future and we don't find them before then. At least the RNG was kind enough to give out a wish worthy item for free.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I was a little surprised by the choice, but it's not a terrible one over the long term. Ball spells are very difficult to find for divine casters. It's rare to get one in the library, even.

We should probably eat the oracle pretty soon to get Madeleine's Le up to a more caster-worthy amount. I guess piety hasn't been a high priority for her so far, though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    As _Ln_ pointed out on IRC, it was a poor decision to spend the wish on acid ball. Currently learning, pp and especially willpower are too low to really gain anything from it. It would have been better to choose something that'd been immediately useful, like seven league boots or red dragon scale mails.

Dang. Hopefully they will at least help in the future and we don't find them before then. At least the RNG was kind enough to give out a wish worthy item for free.
    Hey, as I've also told you there, don't worry. We may likewise find 7lb and RDSM lying around and my yesterday's prediction were obviously exaggerations For what it's worth, I can likewise kill Madeleine if I try to play a turn by Magic Missiling or another brilliant decision
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.