Thread: How to repair pickaxes?

Default How to repair pickaxes?

Just a quick question...

What ways are there to repair a pickaxe in ADoM?
    I've got two, both of which broke trying to get into the Water Temple, and I still aint there yet

I think you can use a Scroll of Repair, but is there any other way?

Talk to the smith in Dwarftown. It'll cost you a bundle though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Talk to the smith in Dwarftown. It'll cost you a bundle though.

There... may have been an accident involving him... *shifty eyes*

I needed an anvil, and he was the only person I knew who had one.

scrolls of repair should be the easiest. They are not that rare.

luring and killing a few dwarwes from the village should yeld some brand new pick axes.

If you can go there, there are dwarven chaos knight in darkforge that can yeld pickaxes or wands of digging.

If all else fail, try praying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaron View Post
    I needed an anvil, and he was the only person I knew who had one.
    In the future, you can instead kill Kherab in darkforge to get an anvil. This lets you keep Glod around for pickaxe repair. Of course, you have to be quite a bit stronger to take Kherab on.

Now your options are: lure-kill dwarfs from dwarftown, scum darkforge for dwarf chaos knights or pray for pickaxes on the fire temple level.
    ________
    AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL FORUM
    Last edited by sterjs; 02-24-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sterjs View Post
    In the future, you can instead kill Kherab in darkforge to get an anvil. This lets you keep Glod around for pickaxe repair. Of course, you have to be quite a bit stronger to take Kherab on.

Now your options are: lure-kill dwarfs from dwarftown, scum darkforge for dwarf chaos knights or pray for pickaxes on the fire temple level.

I thought about Kherab about three light-seconds AFTER killing Glod
    So I wandered there, and eventually killed the Golems off one by one.
    I've got two anvils now and I even found a pickaxe in the weapon room in Darkforge!

So, Water Temple down... with how easy this game has been overall (drank a pool on D2, first thing it gave me was teleporting and second a wish for an AoLS ), I'm sure the RNG has an evil evil death planned for me.
    Master Lich vault? Given a killer plague by a common rat? Maybe I'll fall down some stairs and break my neck... (that last one is pretty likely actually, I'm a real packrat)