Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Ironic or Humorous Item and/or Situation you've come across..

Blink dogs dropping fortune cookies is always the most hilarious/ironic thing with a triple scoop of extremely frustrating on top. It's hard for anything to compete with that.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

With pre14 blessed oil makes things rustproof but doesn't remove 'rusty' so I had Rustproof rusty bracers of speed!

Lol, at least rustmonsters can't destroy them only the appearance knock to be unconcerned about.

I got the Black Tome as a pre-crowning gift recently.

My last character found a shadow troll statue somewhere below DT. I saw a gray T and eyed messages about a shadow troll at the top of the screen, which made me think "what, where did he go?" when I went to "attack" it, until I realized what was going on
    "And light there be!"

[color] dragon dropping [color] dragon scale mail.
    Lightning lizard dropping a wand of lightning.
    Large orc dropping gorgon corpse (and I almost ate that!).
    Killing emperor moloch, stepping one step to pick up the crumpled scrolls and on that turn fire elemental breathes fire and destroys the scroll which was still on the floor... So no ultra for me that time.

And maybe the best one: wand of wishing from water snake that was summoned by drinking from a pool which I did because I was looking for a wish.

----I was descending the village dungeon to kill Yriggs, before I went down the stairwell I was thinking maybe I was kinda low on hp, so I stay on that level for a little bit longer and then go down, trying to be cautious.

When I went down he was standing right next to me! It scared the shit out of me because he has that blank terrifying look on his face.
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

Took the stairs down from the CoC graveyard after clearing my way through with melee.
    Lying 2 spaces from the stairs on the next floor - Mace of Disruption.

Wand of Wishing with five charges on the level below Khelly. :>

Or using up my last prayer clearing a vault and then reading a scroll to find it's the IBM Manual. That's nice too.

In a moment of temporary insanity I thought about trying my hand at creating a Let's Play thread (what WAS I thinking!?!?). I was testing out Greenshot to see if I could make the whole thing a bit less tedious (nope, not really) and captured the following scene:

Farmer Fannie enters the infinite dungeon in hopes of finally finding some kind of a shield. She is ready to save the carpenter to get the much needed healing skill, but is afraid to do so without some means of blocking his wild punches. She approaches a room with what appears to be two large kobold corpses. Oh dear! What could have caused such destruction?

Should she run away?!?! Should she drop her items and take a closer look? They say curiosity killed the cat, and well, her adventuring great grandfather told her killing cats was bad. After some debate she decided she couldn't leave without figuring out what disaster had transpired in this room, even if it meant an embarrassing yet easily preventable death. She charged into the room only to discover...

Her immediate sense of relief is quickly overshadowed by conflicting emotions at the realization that she had gotten all worked up over a pair of melons.

RNG you pervert.