Thread: Greater daemons not summoning?

Default Greater daemons not summoning?

The Monster Memory description for Greater daemons states that they have the power to summon lesser daemons, however I have never seen this happen.

I'm wondering whether the Creator 'forgot' to implement it and whether a bug report should be created?

I've not seen it either. If they are made summoners the 5th dwarven quest could get messy. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, really.

The monster memory's wording is ambiguous. It could mean that they're meant to summon help, or merely that the lesser and least daemons we see in the dungeons are spawn of the greater ones. But I'd still submit an RFE.

I agree entirely with gym21 with regards to the daemon quest in Dwarftown, although that would probably make luring the demented ratling away from DT a prerequisite for ultra-aspirants, so that he doesn't get killed in the crossfire.
    "And light there be!"

Yes, I decided to ask here first, because of the ambiguity. If one reads least and lesser daemons Monster Memory descriptions; it sounds as if these were created by greater daemons.

It does not sound as if they are created(summoned) merely to assist the greater daemon against the PC, but rather for specific tasks versus law.

Feel free to post a RFE, only TB knows everything about these beings. I've decided that the current behaviour(or lack of) is likely intended, but won't vote against its change.

It's either a bug with the power, or a bug with the description. Creator's choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    It does not sound as if they are created(summoned) merely to assist the greater daemon against the PC, but rather for specific tasks versus law.
    Smashing up Dwarftown, the centre of the resistance against the incursion of Chaos into Ancardia (in many games except for those of the perpetual villains here, heh heh heh), would certainly qualify!

I've always felt that the final Dwarf quest was a bit easy - especially if you take the easy way out of it. But even if you don't, it's not hard at all beyond the first time you do it with tactics that players surviving that far would be using anyway.

But it may well prove to be too difficult to 'script' the Greater Demon to summon only in Dwarftown, or only when you're on that quest ...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Smashing up Dwarftown, the centre of the resistance against the incursion of Chaos into Ancardia (in many games except for those of the perpetual villains here, heh heh heh), would certainly qualify!

I've always felt that the final Dwarf quest was a bit easy - especially if you take the easy way out of it. But even if you don't, it's not hard at all beyond the first time you do it with tactics that players surviving that far would be using anyway.

But it may well prove to be too difficult to 'script' the Greater Demon to summon only in Dwarftown, or only when you're on that quest ...
    That would be really easy to script, you'd just add a nesting statement that asks whether the said monster is in that map(although that would mean if you lured any of them there that would also happen) or set it off with a quest switch.