Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 16 is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyling View Post
    I think your idea of using the wheel to zoom is a good one, Kyoshinda. I would vote for it in an RFE, although I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement.
    I also think it is a good idea, but even better with the following improvement: there is a de facto standard (followed by many programs such as web browsers or graphic editing programs) by which mouse wheel scrolls the view vertically, Shift + mouse wheel scrolls horizontally, and Ctrl + mouse wheel zooms in/out.

If mouse wheel controls are to be implemented, maybe they could support that too.

When I take my armor off as a female high elf, why doesn't it show me in a sexy bikini? It's a bug@!!!!
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

Quote Originally Posted by KyoShinda View Post
    When I take my armor off as a female high elf, why doesn't it show me in a sexy bikini? It's a bug@!!!!
    High Elves have no reason to wear swimsuits, as Swimming is not one of their racially given skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyling View Post
    Being me (and therefore very strange) I think it would be cool to reverse the role of the minimap and regular display. It seems like ASCII is best for getting a general view of things, and that the new graphics mainly serve to provide the details of the action occurring near the PC. But I doubt many other people would like that idea.
    Good idea, actually. Reminds me of Ragnarok/Valhalla (which had an semi-ASCII map of the whole level, and a closeup of the area around PC).

As for the mousewheel, some people seem to like how you can run quickly using the mousewheel. But Ctrl for zooming sounds good, too

I used to be able to dip a hole stack of lizard into holy water, then it was like 20, now it's like 6, not even worth it anymore. lol
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:

Two or three combat sound effect would be very cool. 1. Hits(causing HP to drop) on both Player and non-player characters. 2. Deaths 3. Misses(attack not causing HP to drop).
    I think it would really enhance the feeling when playing in the tileset mode. Comical sounds is perfect. "Ouch!", "Thudding sound", "miss". Miss sound effect might be too spammy though.

I realize this is probably not planned, just saying, if it is possible would enhance the experience a bit. For me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Two or three combat sound effect would be very cool. 1. Hits(causing HP to drop) on both Player and non-player characters. 2. Deaths 3. Misses(attack not causing HP to drop).
    I think it would really enhance the feeling when playing in the tileset mode. Comical sounds is perfect. "Ouch!", "Thudding sound", "miss". Miss sound effect might be too spammy though.

I realize this is probably not planned, just saying, if it is possible would enhance the experience a bit. For me anyway.
    ----It would be pretty cool, but it would probably be best to limit them to quick things, like being hit as a little grunt, hitting a mob as a slashing leather sound or some kind of smash sound if it's blunt, miss could probably be a little wind sound but I agree the dodge sound would probably be a bad idea to add because it would get annoying quickly.
    P2:

It would be nice as long as they can be toggled off. Some sounds can get really annoying if you play a game for hours and hear them thousands of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Miss sound effect might be too spammy though.
    I think misses and deaths would also be too spammy, considering how often melee combat takes place on ADOM. Holding down 4 or 6 to wipe a tension room of rats would be an avalanche of sounds. But crits, armor-piercing hits, or armor-piercing crits should each have a different sound, since they're important and don't happen all the time (in the case of claw bugs, I would only play the sound once per round of attacks).
    "And light there be!"

It would be funny if we had a new class that started you out as a writhing mass of chaos and if you stayed away from corruption too long you turned into a regular being and died from it, although that is pretty much a chaos knight. Do chaos knights die from getting 19 corruptions?
    P2: