Thread: Where do i find a climbing kit?

Default Where do i find a climbing kit?

Ive rescued the pyscho carpenter
    found a dead puppy
    killed kranch
    killed crime lord
    Been to the hmv and secret exit
    Now what? everything is in the mountains :-(

The only guaranteed climbing set that I know of is in the pyramid on the first floor, all the way off to the right behind a secret door.

There is a very important dungeon that is reachable without a climbing set. "Look for a foreboding place" said the elder. Its west of the river, among hills but reachable from the plain.You have to walk diagonally (NorthWest, I believe) to reach it.

I always seem to find one set on the floor in the dungeon, in addition to the 2 guaranteed easily-reachable sets in the game.
    Last edited by Molach; 06-18-2009 at 08:12 PM.

To get to Caverns of Chaos (where you should go), you can use your '7' button on numpad to move diagonally left and up. If that's your problem, of course =) If you know about diagonal movement, then you probably just missed CoC. They are to the west from the river slightly above the middle (in vertical sense).
    Entrance looks like this:
    ^^^
    ^o^
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    The only guaranteed climbing set that I know of is in the pyramid on the first floor, all the way off to the right behind a secret door.
    There is a second guaranteed climbing set, also on the first level of a dungeon.

It can be very easy to get or hard to get, depending on your equipment/spells.

But I typically grab the one in the pyramid.

There is, for the record, a third and at least a fourth (possibly unlimited?) guaranteed set. But you kind of need a set to get to them, so not very useful for the early game.

There always seems to be one in Dwarftown lying about, but it usually gets picked up by a dwarf before the PC can find it.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Yeah thats the fifth, although I am rarely chaotic enough to want to go around testing whether that one is guaranteed or not... if I see a dwarf reach it before me, I might name it for later though

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    There always seems to be one in Dwarftown lying about, but it usually gets picked up by a dwarf before the PC can find it.
    My feeling is that I almost always find one on D9, which is not always dwarftown.

I think that the times I didn't find one on D9, it was hidden behind a secret door I didn't find.

Nah, definitely DT IMO