Thread: Master of Orion 2

Default Master of Orion 2

Here is the MoO 2 thread.

Just a hint for everyone, play unification/tolerant combo on impossible difficulty. Makes it a little easier.
    It's been a while since I played myself, maybe i'll try a game tonight Nostalgia...

I'm not an expert at the game but I usually do democratic+aquatic+creative, how much more useful is productivity over research?
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

Quote Originally Posted by KyoShinda View Post
    I'm not an expert at the game but I usually do democratic+aquatic+creative, how much more useful is productivity over research?
    Well Uni/Tol have the big advantage of superior productivity (take the production boost too). This means your housing is super effective and your population will explode. Research is slower at the beginning, but when you expand heavily and your population increase is fast, you'll make up for the slower research soon. colonize like crazy and build research facilities everywhere. And remember to use spies.
    Personally I find creative to be lot harder to play, as it costs so many points. Democracy is ofc great for research, but spies will rob you all the time...
    If you try UniTol tell us how it went

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Well Uni/Tol have the big advantage of superior productivity (take the production boost too). This means your housing is super effective and your population will explode. Research is slower at the beginning, but when you expand heavily and your population increase is fast, you'll make up for the slower research soon. colonize like crazy and build research facilities everywhere. And remember to use spies.
    Personally I find creative to be lot harder to play, as it costs so many points. Democracy is ofc great for research, but spies will rob you all the time...
    If you try UniTol tell us how it went
    I'll try it out after I get my fix with 2 other games. lol
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!