Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training with Garth bug?

Quote Originally Posted by kordi82 View Post
    Do not know if this is good idea or not but i.e. Charisma might be tied not only to shop prices but also to the chance of shops being generated ...
    That itself would be a very nice buff, but a little hard to justify.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Singbird View Post
    Sounds like a challenge. No stat increases at all (except natural training)?

Personally I think herbs train stats way too high or way too fast. Very few race/class combinations for example start with a toughness of 25 or higher. Same with dexterity and willpower. I think the cap should be more like 15, or the time to increase the stat more like 30 days, and you should constantly have to eat them after getting a "you feel as if you're getting tougher..." message or something. Overall I think stat increases should be closer to finding Executor than finding True Aim. This way the race choice would have more of an effect, hopefully. At the moment you kind of only stare at the skillset.
    Wasn't the original idea that led to the potential system being adjusted to have it so that herbs (and corpses?) could train the stats all the way up to the potential, i.e. no more "25" limit, and make the potential a hard cap for everything but potions? That is, the potential would replace the 25 limit as a hard limit for herbs. Why not just do it like that? Aren't there a lot of combos whose starting potential (i.e. before any potions are found and used in-game) is lower than 25? Doing it like this would also make it easier to recover from stat drains.

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1117

From a balance point of view, I think it would be much more interesting to make the potential maximums hard caps (save for using the appropriate potion), and eliminate most of the artificial caps on conventional stat increases. In other words, if your potential maximum for toughness is 15, you can only raise your toughness to 15 using morgia root, and need potions of potential stat to continue raising. If you're a troll and your toughness potential is 36, allow morgia to raise it to 36 rather than arbitrarily capping at 25.
    (underlining mine)

People complained it would be imbalanced for trolls, orcs and dwarves to be able to stat boost up to 30+ St and To in that system. I think most/all of the relevant points were covered in the discussion section of that thread, so I'll not rehash it.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.