Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game progression help.

Default Game progression help.

I have been playing Adom since last summer and (so far) i haven't been able to do any real progress after entering the CoC,because i dont really know what to do,and eventually die by my own stupidity. But i genned a pretty good Human Barbarian who got crowned with Vanquisher in the PC, and i would like some tips about how i should proceed, because he looks really promising. Also first post

Tips: do dwarf quests and pyramid, raise your toughness (eat morgia and the right undead corpses), try to increase PV, try not to be burdened so don't carry too much junk around. Also make getting teleport control and the wand of teleportation a priority. If you post a character file it will be easier to give more specific tips.

Also hi, welcome.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

As mentioned wand of teleportation is a PRIORITY. Look in your invetory if you have scroll/wand of item detection or magic map or if you have crystal of knowledge. All of these will allow you to identify position of wand of teleportation. If you have teleport control you can go for it straight away (provided you have one of the items mentioned above). If you don't have teleport control first you need to enter the pyramid for pickaxe. With pickaxe you don't actually need means of identification of its position, you can just destroy the whole level with pickaxe and sooner or later you will get it. In prerelease 16 there is a bug making pickaxe not breaking . Just watch out for stone giants.

Once you have wand, go to outlaw village and find some beggars, to get some potions of booze from them. Afterwards use potions of booze to keep wand of teleporation with at least 2 charges at any given moment. Also bless the wand to make it less prone to destruction. From this point on this will be a single most important item in your inventory. In case of any problems teleport away.

Apart from the wand of teleportation please make sure you have high piety at any point in the game. In case problems PRAY. Print this at put it above your computer . I am serious. I remember how long it toook me to remember to use prayers.

Another piece of advice it to collect lot's of spensweed and use it as you staple healing method. It's free and you can have it in unlimited quantities. No reasons not to use it.

Thanks for the tips guys,but kordi82, unless i am missing something,is there an guaranteed wand of teleportation somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Heclapar View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys,but kordi82, unless i am missing something,is there an guaranteed wand of teleportation somewhere?
    Yup. There is.

Well, never mind. The character died to a freaking mimic hivemind during an arena rematch that i did to get some gold.The fight went like this "You slightly wound the mimic hivemind.The mimic hivemind hits you.You are paralysed... You died" He dropped me from 200 health to zero

Yeah, never fight in the arena after becoming the champion, *any* non-unique monster can be generated as an opponent.

I am squared shitless of a couple of monsters regardless of the stage of the game, and mimic hiveminds are one of them. Do not fight post-champion in the arena. Never ever.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Do not fight post-champion in the arena. Never ever.
    That's a bit exaggerated. Post-championship monsters can be very tough (I've had to face greater molochs, diamond golems, chaos wizards, and ancient karmic dragons), but if you have a means of either dealing with them or simply teleporting the hell away when things look grim (as in well, every monster encounter in the game), you're not going to die. Granted, you only get some gold and the feeling of having completely finished your business in the Arena level, but that's good enough for me.
    "And light there be!"

If you have the means to defeat greater molochs, diamond golems, chaos wizards or ancient karmic dragons, and if those means do not require the consumption of resources more valuable than the gold (what do you get? 10k each?), you either do not exist or are too much of an outlier case to take into consideration. I'll just stand by the "never ever", if you don't mind.

One is always free to do stupid things for fun or a vague sense of accomplishment, of course. Even the most strongly voiced opinions of mine don't take on the power of law.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.