Thread: Lucky, death by fat finger

Default Lucky, death by fat finger

In the Friday the 13 thread, I played Lucky, the Dark Elven Beastfighter.
    Managed to be on track for an Ultra ending, despite all telling me a beastfighter is not feasible.
    All was going well, got the 6 to our rat, got a boar skull, just needed a farmer body.
    As a champion of neutral, this turned out to be difficult. I didn't realize that me stepping on a Fireball trap would impact my morality, just because some farmer was lured to the PC.
    Fallen, doomed, cursed, and chaotic, I vow to kill everything now on the way to closing the chaos gates.
    Convert an alter, sacrifice a ton of creatures on it to remove the doom, and try to get just one more, wondering if I can ever be a Champion of Chaos.
    So I fire up ADOM after getting the kids to sleep, cat on my lap, and start going. Ohh, there are some monsters to bring over. tap, tap, tap, F%^%*&&#&**#&*!
    Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Her achievements during her adventures:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky, the dark elven beastfighter, was sacrificed by a dark sage to his
    gods.
    She scored 1873159 points and advanced to level 30.
    She survived for 0 years, 121 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes and 49 seconds
    (146601 turns).
    Lucky visited 129 places.
    Her strength score was modified by +16 during her career.
    Her learning score was modified by +19 during her career.
    Her willpower score was modified by +16 during her career.
    Her dexterity score was modified by +15 during her career.
    Her toughness score was modified by +21 during her career.
    Her charisma score was modified by +17 during her career.
    Her appearance score was modified by +17 during her career.
    Her mana score was modified by +20 during her career.
    Her perception score was modified by +17 during her career.
    She was unnaturally aged by 25 years.
    She was the champion of the arena.
    She was a member of the thieves guild.
    She made a little water dragon very happy.
    She killed the emperor of the ancient minotaur race.
    She stopped the generation of nasty bugs.
    She saved Khelavaster from certain death.
    She ended her adventuring life on level 27 of the caverns of chaos.
    7513 monsters perished under her attacks.
    The following 21 artifacts were generated during her adventure:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#########
                         #.......#
       ###########       #.......###############################################
       #......./.#       #......./.................+......./.........+.........#
       #.......#.#       #.......#.#######.#########.......###########.........#####
       #.......#.#       #.......+................./......./........./........./...#
       #########.#       #/#######.#######/##/########/###########################.#
               #.#       #.#     #.# #.....@@..#     #..#                        #.#
               #.#       #.#     #.# #......F..#     #..####                  ####.#
               #.#       #.#     #.# #.........#     #.....####################....#
       #########.#####   #.#     #.# #.........#     #.............................#
       #...^././.....#   #.#     #.# #.........#     #.....###..............###....#
       #..<..###.....#####.#######/# #.........#     #.....# ####........#### #....#
       #.....# #..............[....# #.........#     #.....#    ###....###    #....#
       ####### #.....#########.>...# ###########     #.....# ####........#### #....#
               #.....#       #.....#                 #.....###..............###....#
               #######       #######                 #..................[..........#
                                                     #.....####################....#
                                                     #######                  ######
    Lucky         St:38  Le:32  Wi:30  Dx:47  To:37  Ch:17  Ap: 1  Ma:45  Pe:44 C
    DV/PV: 84/46   H: 0(521)      P: 345(378)    Exp: 30/5110262    D: 27 Sp: 168

In my defense: in noteye mode, it's sometimes harder to see things on the ground level.
    The laptop keyboard movement is clunky, using the number keys on top.
    Code:
    gear
       heap of 2 blessed potions of cure corruption                        [4s]
       heap of 5 uncursed potions of cure corruption                      [10s]
       heap of 7 blessed scrolls of corruption removal                    [14s]
       heap of 6 uncursed scrolls of corruption removal                   [12s]
    corruption was not going to be a problem.
    and with the ones I had, my weight was 2 pounds.
    My gear outweighed me by a factor of 1000 or so!

And a follow on YASD:
    Rocks fall, everybody dies.
    Code:
    Mob, the mist elven druid, got his head smashed by a stone block.
    He scored 9333 points and advanced to level 4.
    He survived for 0 years, 4 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes and 7 seconds (2376
    turns).
    Mob visited 8 places.
    His perception score was modified by +1 during his career.
    He ended his adventuring life on level 2 of a dangerous cave at the Drakalor
    Pass.
    39 monsters perished under his attacks.
    He possessed the following intrinsic:
      He was lucky.
    Does not seem so lucky for a adventurer with full health running down a corridor on PC2 to die from a stone block. But that's mist elves for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    So I fire up ADOM after getting the kids to sleep, cat on my lap, and start going.
    I thought this was going to end with kitty "helping" you out! I think a good number of us ADOM playing cat owners have had some OH NO moments. A death caused by kitty running across the keyboard during a battle with the Cat Lord would be puurrrfection.

I swear I'm not a crazy cat lady...yet.